PDA

View Full Version : emanage help

Mark 4
07-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi all, emanage is now fitted, having some difficulty understanding it but it is a learning curve just likwe anything else.

I was just wondering if anyone has any base maps that they could let me have.

All assistance greatly appreciated.

Eurospec
08-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Hello mate,

You shouldnt need any base maps for an e-mannage (unless you have an ultimate and you went to true speed density).

Let me know what your emannage set up is and i will try and help you.

Cheers,

Ben.

Mark 4
08-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi Ben

Thanks for your offer of help.

I bought the emanage and some other things from Wodj and he has been very helpful and advising me how to set up.

I have installed the emanage & loaded software. I have not programmedc the emanage to do anything yet but The car at first wouldn't start, then it did but was lumpy so I left it overnight. Yesterday it started and was fine so aqfter work I decided to take it out for a spin and the engine warning light stayed on and it went into safe mode.

Left it overnight and truied again this morning and it started fine. So just a bit confused as to what is going on.
Cheers
Mark.

Eurospec
08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Okay, so is the main unit blue, or is it gold?

Do you have the (massive) plug in patch harness, or did you have to wire it in yourself?

Do you have bigger injectors on your car at all?

Cheers,

Ben.

Mark 4
08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
The main unit is silver, had to wire it all myself, was very careful though and I'm pretty sure that everything is correct in this department. Injectors are standard.

Eurospec
08-08-2007, 10:44 AM
okay, sounds like you have an ultimate then as opposed to a blue.

Are you running speed density? Ie you would have had to connect up a vacume/boost sensor to the plenum somewhere, and do you still have the MAF installed and plugged into the car?

sorry about all the questions, just trying to understand what you have there so that maybe i can give you some pointers.

Cheers,

Ben.

Mark 4
08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes Ben it's an ultimate. I have not connected any extra sensors or disconnected the maf. All is standard. I'm just going for a spin now so I'll report back.
Cheers
Mark.

Mark 4
08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Right, it seems ok now. Gearchange was a bit messy to start with so I think the cause was the standard ecu re-learning because i had the battery disconnected while i did the install over the weekend.
Thanks a lot for your assistance Ben.
cheers
Mark.

Eurospec
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Okay, well if you are not using it in speed density mode then that simplifies things.

You will have an air flow adjust table, a timing adjust table and a load of dial switches.

The dial switches should all be on zero, and your air flow and timing maps are pure adjustment maps, so that means they should all be on zero for a std car.

You will have to calibrate the tps, since the air flow map will be tps based, not load based. You do this in the emannage set up. its just a value for not touching the throttle and full throtle.

Once you get to setting it up, you will find you will want to remove fuel at WOT. Use a knock link or evo scan or a palm logger to monitor knock. Do some runs to see what knock readings you get as std. You will find you get some valve train noise around 5500 in the std car which will upset the knock link a little.

Get yourself a wideband, if you dont already have one and decide what afr you are wanting to run. The cars seem to run super rich as std, like richer than 10:1. You can decide how much fuel to take out. Personally i wouldnt go much leaner than an 11 to 11.2 on a std engine, but thats just me. Some people will say leaner is okay, but watch for knock and if you can monitor egt's.

If you add timing you will get more power, but a greater chance of knock. If you remove timing your egt's will go up but knock will be kept at bay. That is a balancing act. Too much heat will melt things! Obviously the more boost you add, the higher the likelyhood of knock too.

the richer the car, the lower the egt will run, so you have a balancing act to play with!

The leaner you run (to a point) the more power you will get, but the higher the egt and the greater the chance of knock.

The more advance you run, the greater the chance of knock, but the more power you will get, again to a point.

The more retard you run, the higher the egt will go and the greater the chance of melting things.

The more boost you run, the more power you will get but the greater the chance of knock and after a point you will just be pushing hot air.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Ben.

Mark 4
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
That's gret info. Thanks Ben.