PDA

View Full Version : Its official, im the unluckiest man alive...

BraindG
09-05-2003, 08:50 PM
i want to swear, but ill refrain..
T-Minus 7 days... is my car ready yet? NO..

The diffs there, but the clutch .. geuss what.. the bloody clutch isnt the right one! they apparantly dont sell them for the VR-4 (exedy); but in the first instance they said they did.. im like wtf, you on cocaine? anyways.. a driver was sent up to see Simon Norris with my VR-4 Clutch. they compared it to a EVO7 clutch.. no joy.. isnt the same /sighs.. anyways.. Simon(or co) said they know someone, so they were contacted, but said it would take 4 days... 4 DAYS?! for what? to make the thing? Turns out, or so i believe that its an HKS clutch, but HKS said in initially that they didnt do one for the VR-4.. /sighs. now it may look like they do.. wtf is going on.. doesnt anyone know anything about the VR-4 in the UK?.. (this is my aim, to teach the UK about the car so you guys dont have issues)

ANYHOOOOO.. as i said, T-Minus 7 days, I havnt got a clutch sorted yet, however will know tomorrow what the crack is with that..

If all else fails, the old (dodgy) clutch is going back in until ive raped the UK of information and I KNOW whats what.. ill resort to speak to Japan to see what they can tell me..

Was speaking to my mate (who i car share with) he recons I would have been better just ordering a clutch from Japan, and have it delivered quicker than finding someone in the UK who knows what the deal with them is.. hes more than likley correct!..

right.. christ anyways rant over for now..

Spirit
09-05-2003, 09:18 PM
As you say mate, get some sort of clutch in there and make sure you are at Japfest - we need you there !

Pete

Ailsa
10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Probably won't make you feel much better - but when I first got my MX-5, I had a little coming together with a stationary tree INSERT INTO post VALUES (:uhoh: newbie to rear wheel drive in the wet...)

My 5 week old car was away for 16 weeks to get fixed....:cry2: and they gave me a hyundi Accent instead :sleep:

So it could be much worse for you!:wiggle:

Lee
11-05-2003, 04:52 PM
I hate garages/mechanics, they are so full of sh!t, ive had "yes we've done one on that car before" and fcuk it up, tossers

best of luck

BraindG
11-05-2003, 10:02 PM
its not the garage, its the dealers who sell the clutches/parts.. most of them dont know anythign about them...

Brind
11-05-2003, 10:16 PM
Sounds like you're having fun mate.

Is there any signs of hope of getting one before the show?