PDA

View Full Version : A Englishman from Australia......

Troppo
09-08-2007, 03:27 AM
Hi all, I've joined this cool website to find out how good these VR4's are before I buy one. My wife insisted on my next vehicle being a family car as were planning a family but she didn't specify what type so I did some research into sporty wagons, the usual ones came up like:

Audi A4 wagon / estate
Subaru Impreza WRX (expensive insurance)
Subaru Liberty / Legacy
Toyota Corolla wagon / estate
Nissan Stagea RS-Four (huge)
Mitsubishi Legnum VR4

The rest is history, I'm now beginnning to research the VR4 and talk to an importer to source me one on a budget. I was into four wheel drives before with huge tires and suspension lifts but have decided to get back to my first love - fast cars.....

So any help and advice would be much appreciated...

Cheers
Troppo

KiwiTT
09-08-2007, 03:56 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=BuyersGuide

hawks
09-08-2007, 04:16 AM
There are a couple of importers on www.ozvr4.com.au/forums that will be able to help you out. But be sure to read the buyers guide above as it is full of great info :)

Troppo
09-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks guys, I just found that other forum.....so I'll have to have a look on there too - thanks for the guide also.....

Are the auto transmissions an issue on the Legnums - overheating etc as I'm moving to a warmer state and it now concerns me!

Wouter
09-08-2007, 07:36 AM
If you are worried about autobox cooling, then you could always have a AFT cooler fitted, some other member have done this. There is plenty of space for one and they are cheap enough.

Oh and Welcome to Club VR4 :thumbsup:

Nick VR4
09-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Good luck

Lillywotsername
09-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi and /Welcome

Spirit
09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.......and good luck in your hunt for one :pimp2:

Alex
09-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi Troppo, welcome to CVR4. Hope you find what you're looking for :)

valleyforge1
09-08-2007, 10:02 PM
/Welcome2 .Hope you fined what your looking for soon

Troppo
10-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome....

Any Australian residents on here - which company did you get insurance from? My first quote was $913 pa which seems a little high as I have a good driving record and I'm over 30 - just!

I read the guide last night from start to finish, sounds like a great car but the transmission and brakes seem average for such a awesome car.

hawks
10-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Australian Insurance info -----> http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5

ingocaius
13-08-2007, 11:06 PM
hiya i lived in oz many many moons ago where abouts are you .
we were meant to be moving out there this year but unfortunatly that fell through so the legnum was my present to make up for it

Troppo
14-08-2007, 03:12 AM
hiya i lived in oz many many moons ago where abouts are you .
we were meant to be moving out there this year but unfortunatly that fell through so the legnum was my present to make up for it

I'm about to move from the South Coast of NSW to Brisbane in Queensland and I'm considering getting a Legnum... But still unconvinced, need some more reasurance that I'll be happy with it....

Do I have to do a oil & filter change every 5000kms and because theres two turbos that means fixing (if needed) two of most things like BOV's, air filters etc??

leebutts
14-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Best way to convince yourself is to take one for a drive :)

More and more are starting to show up in the yards up here in QLD.

and, no, two turbos doesn't mean two of everything :) one bov, one air filter.

cheers

Lee

Xeroid
14-08-2007, 10:49 AM
But they DO appreciate the 5000km service schedule. Find a reputable mech who will use the right oil and Mitsi idiosyncrasies.
eg, I just replaced my front pads with ceramics cos the dealer who sold it fitted 'el cheapo' galant pads ...noisy and dirty and they faded after a few hard corners. VR4's do like a bit of TLC and the rewards are immense.

Trounced
22-08-2007, 04:14 AM
dont always need to drive one to be convinced Lee, remember i still havnt driven one yet and mine should be landing in a week :-)

cant wait to feel it in the flesh :-)

and by the way im fron Aus, welcome i only just joined myself but have already purchased my car

snickells
04-09-2007, 03:37 AM
I was shocked just how potent these cars are when JMO took me and the missus for a spin in his. Dont worry to much about parts etc too as these things will all start filtering into the country as more and more people take them up. Hell, even getting parts shipped over from NZ isn't that expensive.