PDA

View Full Version : Bloody car made a nice spark frying sound now wont start

Waylander2
10-08-2007, 05:08 AM
So i just got new leads for the legnum vr4 put them on one at a time so i would not mix em up put everything back together and went to start the car. It sounded like an arc welder had started up, then everything went dark.

When you turn the key on now the only thing that happens is the ayc light comes on for a split second then all is dark again.

Have checked all the fuses i know of, ones by the battery and by the drivers leg foot area they are all fine.

Does anyone have a diagram of where the leads go from the 3 coil packs to the back cyclinders? just incase i did screw it up.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Chris

Gly
10-08-2007, 06:13 AM
100% sure the main fuses in the engine bay havent gone?
(the 120amp one) sounds like somethings been left loose and has arc'd on something frying every thing?

do you have an alarm? has its fuse blown?

Waylander2
10-08-2007, 06:35 AM
the 120 amp one looks fine. doesnt have a car alarm installed. Just charging up the battrey at the moment to see if it was that. So will put it back in in 3 hours and see how things go.

Will pull the 120 one out to see if it has blowen out on the connectors, have seen that happen on a toyota before.

Cheers

Gly
10-08-2007, 06:39 AM
question did it arch as soon as you turned it on?

or only when you fully turned the key to try start the motor?

Waylander2
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Thought i had replyed to this . It only did it when i tryed to start the engine.

Gly
11-08-2007, 01:16 AM
there was forum fix, a few posts got lost....

my reply was....

befor you reconnet the battery, check your wiring as it sounds like something has earthed and fired your ecu, maybe one of your spark leads is earthing?

or your starter motor power feed has earthed out somewhere?

Waylander2
12-08-2007, 03:01 AM
So went over everything i might have touched or moved and could find nothing wrong with it at all.

Put the battrey back in and thought id give it another go to see what would happen, and the car started as if nothing had ever gone wrong with it.

Wtf would cause it?

seems very strange to me.

Thanks for your help and ideas gly

Later