PDA

View Full Version : dashboard

nightbeaver
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
hi, im looking to buy a vr4.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me which models have the tv/satnav and does the ralliart version have it or just the imports?

Does the satnav work in uk? what about the tv?

any info, would be appreciated.

thanks.

Kieran
10-08-2007, 06:36 PM
The TV/Satnav, or MMCS to give it it's proper title was an option on the Japan-Spec cars only. There is no way to determine if a car will have it or not other than by looking. It was a cost option when the car was being built, not a dealer-fit system, though it can be retrofitted if you are feeling very brave!

The satnav doesn't work in the UK - Japan only maps I'm afraid.

The TV doesn't get a signal either. Japanese TV is not only NTSC, but it's broadcast on different wavelengths. Also, note that the MMCS may not have TV functionality anyway. They are all *capable* of TV display, but the TV reciever was an option to the MMCS, as was the CD Changer.

If you do have the TV Tuner module, you can hook up a composite Video Input (in NTSC), like a PC or portable DVD player and use it that way.:scholar:

The MMCS also controls your radio and part of the Aircon system. Someone in new zealand has produced a disc that updates the MMCS on-screen controls into english so that these are easier to use.:scholar:

ANTHONY
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Someone in new zealand has produced a disc that updates the MMCS on-screen controls into english so that these are easier to use.:scholar: better with a back light,have you sorted yours yet K

Kieran
10-08-2007, 07:03 PM
better with a back light,have you sorted yours yet K

:embarasse

I haven't looked yet! However, I have nothing on tomorrow, so you may have just given me a purpose!:afro:

nightbeaver
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks for the spanking info fellas.. great to have so many willing and informative enthusiasts to pick thier brains (with a fork).

thanks again.

KHK
12-08-2007, 07:42 AM
If you do have the TV Tuner module, you can hook up a composite Video Input (in NTSC), like a PC or portable DVD player and use it that way.:scholar:

could you elaborate more on steps to receive TV signal using the Japanese hardware?

Kieran
12-08-2007, 09:36 AM
could you elaborate more on steps to receive TV signal using the Japanese hardware?

Keith - BradC has managed to do it, you can't view TV, but you can connect an external video source (DVD, PC, playstation) into the screen.

KHK
23-08-2007, 07:25 AM
i can receive TV signal using the Japanese hardware
but cannot expect anything good................just black and white unclear TV with no sound

I know my DVD and screen is good in condition when car was in Japan before shipping but after i have the car and when i insert DVD, no response, insert CD, no response...

bradc
23-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Not much I can suggest unless you take pics of the whole setup and we can all take a look

KHK
23-08-2007, 01:03 PM
i guess may be DVD regional code prevent me from playing anything not regional code 2, tomorrow i would disconnect it first to see all the wiring and connection

Nick Mann
23-08-2007, 06:02 PM
KHK - you will have different TV results to us because of the different standards between NZ and the UK. But DVD information will be useful to everyone with MMCS!