PDA

View Full Version : another wheel sensor question

Munta
12-08-2007, 12:39 AM
hey guys i know this has been covered many times... i have done a search and have been reading threads for all morning now... but couldnt find anything to help with my problem...
and of course i have to be away again this weekend, this im down in turangi ment to be snowboarding this weekend but mt ruapehu is closed... anyways back to my problem....
on the way down here last nite just after tokoroa i went thru some 'roadworks' but the signs they had up was just new seal signs and 50k speed limit... then BANG went thru i huge pot hole in middle of road. hit it at about 80-90km...

looked down at my dash and abs light came on. 200m later ayc light

so stopped at 1st chance and had look at front drivers wheel (hit the hardest) the sensor cable had been knocked loose off its clips that hold it away from the wheel... so took wheel off and pinned it back.. carried on driving to turangi was less than 100ks away and was better than driving back to aucks.

this morning i have jacked car up looked for other signs of damage and cant see anything and taken inner wheel guard off and checked cable fully, unplugged it at plugged back in, reseted ecu by disconnecting battery for bout 30secs, pulled abs rely and put back in...

but still i have had no luck, abs light still stays on when i start the car..
i am bout to take it for a drive coz found a thred that it sometimes could be dirt and grit in there which it fixes it self,.. after that i have no idea wot to do...

any idea would be great as i would like the abs and ayc working when the mountain is back open in case i encounter a bit of snow lol

Gly
12-08-2007, 01:20 AM
maybe you have a broken/damaged abs ring?
if it had enough force to pull the plug out it may have pulled the wires apart inside the insulation?

Munta
12-08-2007, 02:56 AM
sorry forgot to say... it didnt pull the plug out, i thought it mite of but turns out it didnt... dats y i took the plastic inner out to check that...
then i unplugged then plugged it back in while i was there....
i saw other posts saying bout the abs ring.... any1 know how much they cost and how easy/hard they are to replace?...

the thought had crossed my mind bout damaging the wires inside the insulation as well... just hoping its not going cost to much to fix thats all...

i guess im just going have to take it nice and slow back to aucks... unless i arrange some1 to have a look at it in taupo

Gly
12-08-2007, 03:09 AM
you cant just change the abs ring afaik,
its the whole CV that will need to be changed. (the ring is pressed onto the cv)

best to pull the abs/ayc fuse to avoid futher damage, take it easy on the way home.

take of the wheel, get your head under the hub see if theres any damage to the ring, or the sensor.

maybe try extract fault codes from the ecu.