PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Clocks - urgent!

Kieran
02-01-2004, 09:25 PM
Chaps,

How the bloody hell do you get the at the dashboard clocks INSERT INTO post VALUES (speedo, tach)?! The blackINSERT INTO post VALUES (hard) plastic surround is a being a sod!... I've removed the two screws in the top of the surround and I can get this free of the dash, but the bottom half seems to be wedged in! Any ideas how I can free it? I want to have a peep at my clocks tonight if possible!

Ta!

Nick Mann
02-01-2004, 09:30 PM
I did it on the V6-24. It is basically brute force! One word of warning - I scratched the top of the steering wheel column cover whilst doing that job. If I remeber rightly, it is only held by its shape at the bottom. A screwdriver and a small amount of anger got me there in the end!

:thumbsup: Good Luck!

Kieran
02-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks Nick! I couldn't see anything, but I didn't want to break it!

/Grabs scredriver, shouts "By the power of Grayskull" and has another go...

I'll let you know how I get on!

Kieran
02-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Right - Done it, few nicks on the shroud now INSERT INTO post VALUES (d'oh!) but got it sorted:) Cheers Nick.

It's a f*%$£#g pig to get out tho! Grr!!!

SGHOM
02-01-2004, 11:44 PM
what you wound it back to ??? :D

zedy1
02-01-2004, 11:58 PM
im abit late but i think it has 2 clips at the bottom

Nick Mann
03-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Sounds like you did the same as me, Kieran! I found it bl@@dy awkward as well.

Have you got your high contrast dash?

Kieran
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Sat on the kitchen worktop is a dash from a UK 2.5V6 Sport.
I shall shortly be uttering a thousand curses INSERT INTO post VALUES (probably) as I try to fit it and see what happens.

I shall report back later with piccies. I shall also show you how to get the bloody dash shroud out of the way with minimal damage to one's sanity!!!

Nick Mann
03-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Pics would be a great help for anyone wanting to do similar. Maybe change the colours or background, for example. Hope it goes relatively smoothly.

Kieran
03-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Gaah.... Nearly three and a half hours I've been fiddling! Dear oh dear!! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Hmmm... Well ladies and gentlemen the not at all big surprise of the evening is that it's going to take more than just 'Plug and Play' to make the little bugger work... :| :rolleyes5

As promised, I have a good selection of piccies of what I've been up to. I will start two new threads in the paid-members section shortly....One on how to remove that bloody surround and clocks :furious3: , and the story so far with my dashboard... :lost:

Big Ian
03-01-2004, 11:30 PM
:wall: that remind's me,ive still to post my membership form :dunce: .
:D i'll do it first thing monday. :D

Kieran
04-01-2004, 12:46 AM
'Tis done.

Paid members can view the post here (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2629).