PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question

Wouter
14-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Ok,

The Teins are good, they are comfortable but I want to get heavyer springs to get a firmer ride and to track the car.

I have just spoken to Tein UK, and they can supply me some replacement springs.

ATM the spring ratings are as follows:

Front: 5KG per mm
Rear: 3KG per mm

I can get anything I want... but the chap recons the following are a best.

Front: 7kg per mm
Rear: 5kg per mm

I have no idea what that all means, can any of you briliant people tell me if this is gonna make the ride a little bit harder/much harder/stupidly hard.

Cost is £50 + VAT per pair.

BraindG
14-08-2007, 01:57 PM
So, your saying we can get anything we want?

hmmm.. wish I hadn't painted over my springs on the tanabe.. doh.. as now i would like to have know what they are... cos that's the stiffness (heheh.. he said stiffness) I need, or should I say have become accustomed to.

Nick Mann
14-08-2007, 02:07 PM
I can't say from experience, but from understanding what others are and have been quoting, that will be a little stiffer. I would say got for something like 10 at the front and 6-7 at the rear for a firm ride. Stupid hard will be more like 15 front, 10 rear.

Again, this is not from experience!

BraindG
14-08-2007, 02:15 PM
does anyone have any stupidly hard springs on their car? if so what are they? what happens if you push down on wheel arch? if I push down (hard) on the wheel arch there's no movement at all - if that's any indication ? :o

White Lightning
14-08-2007, 03:19 PM
The Teins are good, they are comfortable but I want to get heavyer springs to get a firmer ride and to track the car.

So you would not be happy tracking the car with the current setup? :inquisiti

By the way, I know I need to get back to you about that ARB. Need to have a chat with the management ... What is wrong with yours? Sure it's not just the bushes that need replacing??

Slimshady
16-08-2007, 12:09 AM
I have a V6 with VR4 struts all round PI lowered at the front and VR4 springs at the back – she is well ridged but not too lowered (you can just about get a small trolley jack under the jack points) – I have a bit of travel at the front but I think this is more tyre travel than suspension (rock hard). Unfortunately the down side is speed ramps are a major problem for me – I have only just replaced the front Bling Neon and I fear I need more. Lift off understeer has dramatically improved so has handling just don’t drive near a sleeping policeman.

Sorry I know this doesn’t help you VR4 chaps but I hope this helps V6 owners.

Disclaimer
I do not recommend driving over policemen but I am sure its good fun – especially if they are in the traffic division.

Slim