PDA

View Full Version : Trico flat wiper blades

I-S
14-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I finally got around to installing these, in spite of some bad reviews by other members...

I have to disagree.

Other members reported that the blade would lift in the centre - I've not found this to be a problem.

So what's the benefit? They're no worse, but are they better?

1) Noise - there isn't any. The blades are quieter on the screen, probably because of more even pressure. They're also significantly more aerodynamic so there's no wind noise as they move, even at 65-70mph

2) Even pressure - without the normal pressure points, the wipers leave the screen clearer, as there's no lower pressure areas where it sneaks under the blade

3) Visual presence - I mean what it's like from the driver's seat - they're noticeably less intrusive as they sweep through your vision than traditional spoilered blades.

So far, I'm very pleased with them, and would buy them again.

ANTHONY
14-08-2007, 08:14 PM
we'll wait and see the outcome

n13l pm
14-08-2007, 08:22 PM
I went to a lexus owners club meet a last week with my cousin, I noiced a few people had the flat wiper blades installed, so I asked them what they think of them.. two dudes there told me that the cheap ebay flat wipers had been tried and tested on there club and they are ****e; could not handle speeds from 50+ and they did not cover the whole screen.

BUT instead Highly Highly rated the Bosch Aerotwin retrofit flat wiper blade (https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16874&cat=855&page=1), which is Bosch's version of the flat wiper blade.

Lexus memebers were overly impressed with the performance of the wipers and said they are way better then standard wipers and there is no way you can compare them to the cheap ebay ones. One dude was 100% convinced that these are the best wipers around. Soo I guess all the bad reviews must of come from the cheap ebay flat wipers or something..

I-S
14-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Thing is, mine came from ebay, although trico are a "brand name" as opposed to the ultra-cheap ones.

psbarham
14-08-2007, 08:46 PM
i have these on my company merc and yes they clear the water better than conventional ones , but wait 'til you get bugs on the screen , they just can't shift them /Grrr

n13l pm
14-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah I guess that because yours are a brand name thats why they are good, I would be interested to know what make blades other members used which performed poorly..

Roadrunner
15-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Mine were Valeo Silencio. Free to a good home ... ;)

Zaid
15-08-2007, 12:32 AM
I bought mine from http://www.1stautobulbs.com/Flatblade.php
They have done a good job for the first couple of months, super quite and much better visability. However now they sqeek just as my old ones did, but I am still happy with them as they clear the screen much better, and look good. Never had problems with high speeds. Will consider buying another pair soon.

HJM
15-08-2007, 06:55 AM
Mine are in the bin and conventional Bosch wipers rock !

H

pitslayer
18-08-2007, 07:30 PM
trico blades are made up road from where i work, well the trico factory is. wonder if i could get in and buy some cheap from there lol....i like a clean screen, but wiper blades are just to expensive these days......so i used lots of fast glass, and lots rainX and dont use them lol