PDA

View Full Version : Galant newbie looking for advice

mackinnon
16-08-2007, 07:57 PM
I recently bought an 8g Galant 2.0 GLS, my third car & first non-Rover.

I notice that when I'm out for an extended drive in the car (10mins plus) that the cabin gets fairly toasty, so I have to stick the cool fan on.

Is this normal for these cars? Maybe it's because I had couple of Rovers before this where the air just pissed into the cabin from all angles.

Also, stupid me forgot to check the boot when I bought it, got it home to find it won't open. Have practically saturated the lock with WD40 but to no avail. Have seen plenty advice on this problem online for other cars, just wondering if any other Galant owners had this happen to them?

Thanks in advance

I-S
16-08-2007, 08:03 PM
The cabin is reasonably well sealed, such that it becomes stuffy pretty quickly without the fan. I can't say I've noticed it being particularly different to any other car in that respect though.

Welcome to galant ownership though. Have a look around :)

Nick VR4
16-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Yeap well sealed doors etc so cars interior does get warm fast

Nick Mann
16-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah - I always leave the fan running. But I like a breeze anyway.

Lillywotsername
16-08-2007, 08:43 PM
But I like a breeze anyway.
So thats why you fart a lot Nick..... :iloveyou:

Sorry... Hi /Welcome...

Have a good look around and any problems just shout.

Kieran
16-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Welcome! /Welcome

Regarding the boot - does the remote release lever work?

If it does, I bet that's the problem.... Because every previous owner will have probably used that and never the actual boot lock - so the barrel just siezes up - the lock on my GLS was a bit stiff, but a warmed key and some WD-40 and it was all well again.

mackinnon
16-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Welcome! /Welcome

Regarding the boot - does the remote release lever work?

If it does, I bet that's the problem.... Because every previous owner will have probably used that and never the actual boot lock - so the barrel just siezes up - the lock on my GLS was a bit stiff, but a warmed key and some WD-40 and it was all well again.

Thanks for all the replies guys (and gals!)

Doh! I hadn't tried that yet BUT the lever doesn't work either; it just comes straight up with no resistance & nothing happens.

I think it's going to be problematic getting it open but I love a good puzzle.

Johnny_Cashed
16-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't know if it would result in the feeling you mention of the lever, but perhaps the previous owner clicked the latch that means you cannot open it using the remote release? Could be a combination of that and the lock barrel seizing up?