PDA

View Full Version : Pre/Post- facelift bumper

unclepete
17-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Folks,

Looking for help again (although it is down the list of priorities after finally getting my white VR4 back). Anyhow, I bought Beastlee's motor and have a spare bumper taking up my garage as the other is cracked and not so fresh.

The "new" bumper is facelift and the motor is pre. Beastlee mentioned that I need to buy a new grille, as well as new fog lights etc. Anyone have an idea of what I require and where to get it?

Another option is that if anyone is looking for a facelift bumper, give me a shout and you can take it away during the forthcoming Scottish mini-meet....

I'll set another thread up for this later but anyone fancy rebuilding my Ambulance's engine? Free board, lodging and mountain biking while you're here!!

Thanks,

Pete

Nick Mann
17-08-2007, 10:20 AM
The bumper will bolt straight on, but the grille is a slightly different shape. There will be a shape on the top edge of the bumper for the facelift grille, which looks strange if you fit the prefacelift grille.

You don't have to fit foglights - you could just put mesh there. But the foglights are a different shape between the two bumpers.

bradc
17-08-2007, 09:07 PM
what he said ^^^

The facelift front bumpers look quite nice without the fogs imho, but you do need to get the facelift grill. Fortunately for you, you aren't looking for a needle in a hay stack, lots of UK cars came with that grill, so it should be easy to find one.