PDA

View Full Version : new car

wannis
20-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi all,

I brought myself a Galant V6-24 Sport on Saturday! Love it!!!! /Poms
the car before was a MR2 Turbo, which is for sale now !!!!

I will be doing a oil and spark plugs change sometime this week, my question is,

What is the best oil and grade of oil to use and which spark plugs to use??

Thanks

Wannis

I-S
20-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Welcome to the club and to galant ownership.

Plugs - NGK Iridium - they're cheaper and longer lasting than the platinums for some strange reason.

Oil - Amsoil - either AFL or ASL. There's a 15% discount for club members, which pays for membership pretty quickly. Also recommend using the Amsoil oil filters.

Zaid
20-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Congratulation Wannis, dont forget to stick on some photos of the car :)

Hi all,

I brought myself a Galant V6-24 Sport on Saturday! Love it!!!! /Poms
the car before was a MR2 Turbo, which is for sale now !!!!

I will be doing a oil and spark plugs change sometime this week, my question is,

What is the best oil and grade of oil to use and which spark plugs to use??

Thanks

Wannis

pitslayer
20-08-2007, 12:45 PM
TTIWOP!!!!!!!!

Amsoil-best oil money can buy
Amsoil-best filters money can buy
NGKs or Denso...
and the membership is worth it aswell, for what you save with amsoil.

Nick VR4
20-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum

ANTHONY
20-08-2007, 02:47 PM
/Welcome hope you find all you want

Paul Beazer
20-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Like a VR4 /rally :D

ANTHONY
20-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Like a VR4 /rally :D oh yes

wannis
20-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks all for the welcome!!!

Will take some pic's of the Galant soon!!

Just fitted a new headunit, the standard speakers does not sound too bad very impressed!! and to finish it off I ran over the headunit that was in there before, was gonna give that to my future mother in-law, no can do now, it's gone to headunit heaven!!

Being really thick now, where do I get hold of the Amsoil oil and filter????

Paul Beazer
20-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Sign up as a member for £20 and have a look in the members offers bit. Well worth it for the savings on the oil alone!

amsoil
20-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Welcome to The Club.

I would be happy to sell you Amsoil at full price (which is how most people buy it {but not members of this club}) .
Realistically , and especially if you own a triptronic it would be cheaper to join Club VR4 and use the discount code in the members section. If you are in a hurry to get Amsoil with the club discount just sign up and when you tell me so I will check and PM you the code. Could save you some time as these chaps sort out all these things in their own time for the love of it , unlike me, although sometimes I wonder!.
Anyhow welcome to the most friendly and informative site I know of on the net!

Kieran
20-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Being really thick now, where do I get hold of the Amsoil oil and filter????

You can get them from www.performanceoilsltd.co.uk.

As Paul says, as a paid up member you get access to a rather attractive Club Discount!:scholar:

wannis
20-08-2007, 10:37 PM
one last question.....maybe!! How many litre's of oil will I need for a oil change???

Kieran
20-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Errr..... From memory my V6 Sport was fine with a 5 litre can - enough to do a change and leave you a splash for top ups - The V6 can use a little oil between services.

Oh, and a little tip - The service interval is 9K, which is fine as far as it goes but it stretches the oil a little, particularly if you're not using a 'Top Tier' brand such as Amsoil, Silkolene, etc. I found with my V6 Sport that an oil & filter change halfway between services kept the lash adjusters (tick-tick-tick-tick-tick) quiet and stopped the oil going black.:scholar:

Kieran
20-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Oh, and one other thing.... If it's an auto, heed Don's advice and get some fresh ATF pronto - your gearbox will love you for it.

pitslayer
21-08-2007, 12:46 AM
what kieran said basically. the V6 uses abuot 4.5 litres of oil, so leaves you with a splash of oil, left to look at and admire on your shelf.....

my previous car, being the one in my sig. never had decent oil in it, but i can say decent oil does make a difference....admitdly i did by 3.99 for 5 litres of oil for my fastback, but it leaked that much oil, it never got chance to get tired and dirty lol...

oh and don has the best customer service ever. period

Subaru ETA
21-08-2007, 09:52 AM
v6 takes 4.3l to be exact...jezz im a looser

wannis
21-08-2007, 01:18 PM
ok thank you boys will also get some aft!!!