PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

richard_v6
21-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone ive booked my car in at eurospec to have tc seal done
Ben from eurospec recomended me not to drive it there. Is there anyone on here got a car transporter or a 16ft trailer that i could hire for the day?

Thanks in advance

Kieran
21-08-2007, 08:58 PM
How bad is the leak, and how far away are you?

If it's not too far, I'd stock up with a cheap 5litre can of Dexron III (I know it's wrong but it will soon leak out again!) and just punctuate the journey with top ups. Obviously this is risky and not advisable if it's a long slog or the leak is very bad.... Note that leak usually gets a lot worse when the gearbox is hot and the fluid is thin - so if you're only getting a few spots overnight, this doesn't guarantee a minor leak when hot.

richard_v6
21-08-2007, 09:18 PM
How bad is the leak, and how far away are you?

If it's not too far, I'd stock up with a cheap 5litre can of Dexron III (I know it's wrong but it will soon leak out again!) and just punctuate the journey with top ups. Obviously this is risky and not advisable if it's a long slog or the leak is very bad.... Note that leak usually gets a lot worse when the gearbox is hot and the fluid is thin - so if you're only getting a few spots overnight, this doesn't guarantee a minor leak when hot.
Hi kieran eurospec is about an hour and 1/2 away from me i suggested the same thing to ben he advised against this has i could end up having to replace box ive had a evil tought tho ive got brakedown cover i could drive down the road 'brakedown' lol then get them to take me to eurospec?

Kieran
21-08-2007, 09:21 PM
lol, that might work! /Devil5

Yeah, 1.5 hours is pushing it a bit.... Sods law says that the seal would blow off the shaft altogether in the 1st ten minutes and leave you with a bone dry (and very broken!) gearbox.

richard_v6
21-08-2007, 09:23 PM
lol, that might work! /Devil5

Yeah, 1.5 hours is pushing it a bit.... Sods law says that the seal would blow off the shaft altogether in the 1st ten minutes and leave you with a bone dry (and very broken!) gearbox.
I must check my terms and conditions of cover lol

Gowf
21-08-2007, 10:56 PM
You'l be fine with the using the cover. Ive done the evil thing and picked a car up in stafford and had it towed to Lossiemouth (north of scotland) because someone borrowed it from me and blew the head gasket...... it was 3 weeks before i got down and made the phone call so it was covered in leaves and the tyres were flat along with the battery, but they still towed it home!

Not that im condoning the missuse of such insurances as breakdown cover, but sometimes there are no other options. Not when you look at the price of recovery if paying for it!

Spirit
21-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Isn't it likely your breakdown cover will just take you home, or to the nearest Mitsy dealer or approved garage ?

richard_v6
22-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Bugger they will only take me too the nearest garage/Grrr

Nick Mann
22-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Try PMing Soapy? He was working on breakdown trucks the last I heard?

Maybe if he can't help, he knows a man who can.

richard_v6
22-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Try PMing Soapy? He was working on breakdown trucks the last I heard?

Maybe if he can't help, he knows a man who can.
Thanks nick will do