PDA

View Full Version : audible AYC lights

SGHOM
05-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Spoke to Simon, my auto electrician, earlier this evening, & mentioned the lack of visibility of the AYC lights when cornering. unless you're 4'6" tall with your nose against the windscreen !! his answer was "no problem" A progresive audible signal should be straitforward to install, the only problem being is the access to the dash lights ! but Kieran seems to have helped us on the way with that !! :-D I'm thinking about it ?? I'll try & get a quote from him for the work, [ I aint doing it ! ] & If I go ahead, I post detailed info on how to go about it, OK ?? :thumbsup:

Brind
06-01-2004, 12:05 AM
A soldering iron and little buzzer should be all that is needed, you coward... you being an Electrician should be able to do that in your sleep. :stunned: :D

SGHOM
06-01-2004, 12:19 AM
A soldering iron and little buzzer should be all that is needed, you coward... you being an Electrician should be able to do that in your sleep. :stunned: :D
OK !! awaits Marks audible AYC installation. !! :-D :-D I'm an electrician, I dont do work !!! I pay other people to do that 4 me !! :$ besides, I had to get my son to fill the washer bottle for me the other day !! :shrug:

Brind
06-01-2004, 12:33 AM
I would actually attempt this, but.... for some reason I'm rarely capable of putting things I've taken apart back together again. :rolleyes5 I always end up with left over screws and at least one spring even if there wasn't one when I took it apart. :thinking: :uhoh2: :shrug: :D

I must be the wrong type of electrician if you manage not to do any work. :shifty:

SGHOM
09-01-2004, 05:35 PM
£60/80 for a progressive audible warning buzzer type system thing. & If I get my remote start button !!! A big red button with a lift up flap, mounted just in front of the gear leaver, he'll fit that at the same time !!! inclusive. ;) :-b

Nik77
01-02-2004, 10:56 PM
£60/80 for a progressive audible warning buzzer type system thing. & If I get my remote start button !!! A big red button with a lift up flap, mounted just in front of the gear leaver, he'll fit that at the same time !!! inclusive. ;) :-b

i just read this.. did any of you guys do it?

it seems that a simple 3 way OR gate is needed.

You add some wires that lead from the AYC LEDs on the Dash to a small system board which has a 3way OR Gate on it. The output of the OR gate is a small PIEZO buzzer.

If one, two or three lights come on then the buzzer sounds.

Now how would i get it to play different tones for the more lights i light up?!

hmmmmmm

Brind
01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
I didn't nor likely to, although it would be quite a cool gadget at times.

It can't be any harder than to simply attach a diiferent buzzer to each LED, although that is in theory as I've never seen the circuit for the lights.

SGHOM
01-02-2004, 11:39 PM
the theory is simple, actually doing it so it works is another matter