PDA

View Full Version : Cusco brake cylinder stopper?

starky
22-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Has anyone got one of these on there VR4? Are they any worth the money, and do they improve the pedal feel.

Cheers guys :afro:

Gly
23-08-2007, 01:35 AM
didnt know you could get one for the 8G vr4??

they are worth it... as they stop the flex in the firewall where the cylinder bolts thru.

more for sprited breaking thou...
doupt you would notice a diff on normal day to day breaking.

starky
23-08-2007, 04:11 PM
I drive everywhere spirited lol the cusco website (Jap one) says there available, also thought a Evo one might fit since the master cylinderis a direct replaqcment :)

Nick ant E&I hase one for his Evo 6 I'll ask him to try it on mine :)

psbarham
23-08-2007, 08:11 PM
trust me it would be a waste of time , there is no flex in the bulkhead , i have a brake system ion mine that has no spongieness in the system what so ever , and there is no unwanted movement from the bulkhead , personally i would say its just a shiney toy that adds weight to the car

Paul Beazer
24-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Agreed, it would be a solution to a problem that really isnt there. How many times have you heard someone saying their bluckhead flexes too much for efficient braking. Bunch of arse. File under snake oil.....

bradc
24-08-2007, 10:31 PM
well if I knew what a bluckhead was, I'd be able to tell you if it flexed or not :)

ANTHONY
24-08-2007, 10:50 PM
File under snake oil.....did somebody say snake oil

psbarham
25-08-2007, 08:14 AM
well if I knew what a bluckhead was, I'd be able to tell you if it flexed or not :)

eer firewall , or pressed tin thing with the pedals bolted onto it , saves you from burning your foot on the exhaust as well

Subaru ETA
25-08-2007, 12:04 PM
in my mates s13 180sx we put one on it. it made the word of diiference to his car, especially hard braking from 220km/h. just made the pedel for i dontknow, more there! (and yes we did try with and without it runs!)

its more to do with the booster/master cylinder moving under heavy braking more than the firewall

Kieran
25-08-2007, 05:42 PM
The idea is valid - some cars do suffer from flexy bulkheads, but the Galant doesn't have such a reputation. I guess it's worth a try provided you expect nothing at the end.

Paul Beazer
28-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Cheeky fecker, no more slack cutting for you!/pan