PDA

View Full Version : My radiator just split!

thehedgepig
23-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm going to have to replace my rad after it split earlier today :sad3:

Do I go for another standard one and give Zedy a call or is there any advantage of upgrading it and if so where can I get one?

I had a pace radiator made for my CBR600 when I was racing but I remember how much it cost! I think it may be out of my price range to have a one fabricated specially.

Kieran
23-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Personally I wouldn't say so. SARD do supply an uprated radiator - I have one fitted but it's designed for manual transmission cars, so you would also have to retro-fit an ATF cooler if yours is a tip (I fitted a dirty great big Fluidyne Air-Air cooler that has an 18-25000BTU rejection rate). Also, the sard item looks identical to the standard Denso radiator, just painted blue.....:inquisiti

I would get another standard one, but whilst you're in there, fit an additional ATF cooler in series with the standard setup - that way the hot ATF will pass through the auxilliary cooler and then the standard one - That way you get increased overall cooling capacity for your ATF, the burden on the standard radiator is reduced (effectively allowing it more overhead if the coolant gets hot) and also you don't risk over-cooling the ATF either.:scholar:

Nick Mann
23-08-2007, 07:55 PM
^ What he said. /yes

Davezj
24-08-2007, 11:50 AM
that sound good as i will have to do this as well.

Mine has signs of stress fractures on the right hand side of the pressure cap. with a very slight seapage. What a bummer.

anyone know how much a new/secnd hand Rad will go for, and where to get one.
I know mo is an option, anyone know if the remains of WRD will have one knocking about.

Cheers
dav e

peter thomson
24-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Camskill have new ones listed for £176.25 instead of £337 from the dealer

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b406s1394p10874

Roberto
25-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I had to pay €359 for mine last year.

About £245, from a dealer, so at least price around different dealers.

Is it the header thats leaking, if so it sounds like we have another weak point identified...

EdmundVR4
25-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Can anyone check to see if any other Mitsubishi models (Evo maybe) use the same size radiator as the manual or tiptronic VR4 ?
If it was using the same size radiator as an Evo, there would be a lot of aftermarket options.

Davezj
28-08-2007, 01:41 PM
£176 is not a bad price i might give them a go i was expecting it to be more.

Cheers dave