PDA

View Full Version : Long Lost Friend - CVR4 Finder Service

Beastlee
24-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Amazing how the internet can help you find people. The other day I got a text message asking if I still had the car for sale. For some reason I sent an extended response to say no and I want another one. I got a reply 'Why do you want another one I was going to see if you'd trade for a Skoda.' so I assumed someone had a sense of humor. I responsed saying how nothing can match the VR-4 for the money and I got a response ,'What about a Lada?'. Chuckling to myself as I responded I advised I preferred Heidi's SAAB. The response I got made me realise this was someone I knew from at least a couple of years ago and I asked the question 'Do we know each other?'......'Yes, what you up to now?'

Well I decided to phone the number and guess from the voice who it was but I couldn't and they refused to tell me their name so I asked for a clue. I got it immediately and relaised it was my best friend from about 10 years ago! We had a stupid falling out back then and never really spoke. I had tried to get him to come to my wedding but never managed to reach him.

Apparently he found some old contact details and checked on the net only to find my advert for the car! So I have lot to thank CVR4 for as hopefully we can stay in touch this time despite me moving overseas.

Made my day, in fact my week which has been otherwise complete crap!

BraindG
24-08-2007, 10:47 AM
awwwwwww /grouphug thats really nice to hear! :) hurrah for google!

TAR
24-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Nice one.

It really is a small world out there.

ianturbo
24-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Simon Bates springs to mind ! (what was your tune? ) only for old gits :Mr-T:
ian

Beastlee
25-08-2007, 08:01 AM
LOL @ Ian it would have been something from The Prodigy I think, we were ravers!