PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/Boost Cut and FCD's

Gly
24-08-2007, 10:11 PM
im considering buying one of these,
along with a wide band EGO (to keep an eye on things)

can anyone tell me at what voltage is the fuel/boost cut activated?

i have found one that keeps the ECU at 5.5v input reading and cuts the fuel cut point altogether.

can anyone tell me if this will work in our cars? or is the voltage to hi/low?

Thanks

bradc
24-08-2007, 10:30 PM
why not get the map ecu sorted out?

Gowf
24-08-2007, 11:02 PM
You dont need a fuel cut defender. If you are running the MAP 2 ECU you can map it so as you dont get it.
Problem is if the car makes too much boost with a rich afr it thinks its drawing more air than its allowed to at a given rpm and so cuts fuel. You can map it out if you havent already done your fuel map by removing fuel thus the ecu isnt as bothered as it sees an smaller air mass. But obviously if you have your fuel map done, dont just go taking fuel out just so as you can keep the boost if you end up with an overly lean afr

Idealy you should have your fueling sorted before going wild with boost, but obviously you need the boost in order to map that line. Ive been finding that its between 3-4k rpm that its cutting and its usualy due to either the rich afr, or bringing the boost in too early.

So as Brad said, i would save your money and just play with the map and the speed at which you make the boost, as although its very conservative, the cut is there for a reason and if its removed totaly a decent boost spike could spell the end!

Gly
24-08-2007, 11:11 PM
because i want FC completely gone.
it will still be there even with the map tuned.

im running a map ecu 1

i didnt ask for tuning advice... i asked what the FC voltage was.

Gowf
24-08-2007, 11:17 PM
It will be, but as i said it can be tuned so that its not there within the map that you are able to drive in, and would only come into play if you had a major boost spike or something similar. Its just a safey net, all be it a bad one as its not exactly good for the car.
Bigger injectors are also an option as then you would have a lower duty cycle, lower frequencies in the map so it would always think that it would have far less air than it actualy does.

But to answer your first question.... i'm afraid i dont know the voltage at which it cuts.

Gly
24-08-2007, 11:19 PM
never mind, found out i need a frequency clamp not a voltage clamp, for the fcd to work in our cars.