PDA

View Full Version : Facelift manual ECU urgently wanted for a few days

william
31-08-2007, 01:42 AM
My car is back at Simms for it's cold start problems and they could not find any leak in the induction system. They would like to try an unmodified ECU as mine was apparently modified by the previous owner in Japan. Ken, I know you have one, what are the chances of borrowing it for a week or so to see if it solves my problem? I will come and collect it when it suits you. Does anybody else have a spare?

CANDEE
31-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Im not use if the manual and auto facelift ecus are the same but if they are you could borrow mine if need be.. :)

Kenneth
31-08-2007, 02:25 AM
My car is back at Simms for it's cold start problems and they could not find any leak in the induction system. They would like to try an unmodified ECU as mine was apparently modified by the previous owner in Japan. Ken, I know you have one, what are the chances of borrowing it for a week or so to see if it solves my problem? I will come and collect it when it suits you. Does anybody else have a spare?

Chances are good William :)

Do you know my address? Saturday is probably the best for me

william
31-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Thanks Candee. As far as I know the facelift engine ECU's for the manual and auto are the same as the gearbox ECU is seperate from the engine one. Can anybody confirm this?

william
31-08-2007, 02:30 AM
I just missed you post Ken!. Thanks for that and thanks again Candee for your offer. Ken, will you PM me your addy? Saturday is good!

CANDEE
31-08-2007, 02:40 AM
No Problems dude! Good to see that you have it sorted :scholar:

bradc
31-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Still having the same problems...that sucks.

Have they told you how your ecu was modified?

william
31-08-2007, 09:21 AM
No Brad, they sent it down to Christchurch to have it "fixed" but that did not help. They did not tell me what actually was modified. I think they really do not know what the problem is! Swapping the ECU will at least eliminate it as the problem, so we will see. TBH, I am not holding my breath.

bradc
31-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Just go full aftermarket ecu :)

william
01-09-2007, 02:18 AM
If Ken's ECU solves the problem, that's what I will do. No sense in spending money on buying another standard one!