PDA

View Full Version : Breaking VR4

KHK
01-09-2007, 12:02 PM
saturday's happy time - to remove some turbo pipes from the VR4
removing parts while making sure the engine can be started anytime
should be a easy job for others, to me its fun and some sore back

before removing the front turbo pipes, car can start good with no warning signal from the dash
after removing the front turbo pipes, car can start but with a engine lights ON on the dash, could some gentleman let me know?

from the intercooler, i found oil inside, is it the culprit for smokey exhaust of vr4?

after removing the engine cover, on top left side of engine, a plastic housing breaks like biscuits, is it necessary to do some remedy for a normal vr4?

could anyone tell what the arrow pointing is?

bradc
01-09-2007, 12:12 PM
It isn't normal to have that much oil in the intercooler, it may be the cause of your smokey turbos.

The plastic stuff around the wiring always breaks, thats just what happens to it due to the heat of the engine bay.

The sensor you've pointed an arrow to is required, I forget what it is now!

As for the lights coming on, I'm not too sure why that would be, unless you've disconnected something accidently or you might not have tightened up all of the tubing.

KHK
01-09-2007, 12:16 PM
i understand the engine has high heat that can cause the wiring plastic stuff breaks, just wonder necessary to do some protection as the engine touches the wiring directly.

after today's job, no plug remove, no wire remove or disconnected, but the intake air housing is completely removed , i only connect the air flow sensor with no air flow through it and test start the engine then get the engine light on dash

KHK
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
today get
1) the intake manifold off, not very difficult, changing spark plugs can be a DIY job.
2) exhaust downpipe off the engine,