PDA

View Full Version : CDA BMC Update

Paul C
01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
I have had one fitted for about year and have probably been messing with it for the same length of time. With the use of a Samco 45R76 hose i have managed to get a decent airflow to the filter with out the need for routing of pipework. For weeks the months tha car has felt a bit restrictive like something has been smothering it. I have used different airfeeds and have found this to be the best so far. The ones from halfrauds just get sucked into the filter, the one supplied never really kept its true shape.With the samco i am getting good heat shielding and good airflow and the car feels good.

Some pictures below of install

TAR
01-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I guess the question is.... how much better than the stock is it?

zentac
02-09-2007, 06:13 PM
the FTO boys like these as well, but as far as I know no one has tested them back to back against other filters.

The best we found when we a test on FTO's a few years ago was the HKS.

Paul C
02-09-2007, 09:01 PM
I guess the question is.... how much better than the stock is it?

No idea mate. Removed airflow meter and run mapecu2 and bigger intercooler so have no idea if it is better than standard.Hopefully i will be visiting a rolling road in the near future and having the mapecu2 fine tuned. Then i will be able to say that with these parts i got this amount of bhp.Within a month of purchasing the car i had it on the rolling road and it was showing 260bhp as standard. will have to visit eurospec for final tune and see if there is any improvement.

pezza
03-09-2007, 11:21 AM
I had one of these fitted too about a year ago but my install was not as neat and tidy as yours.. it looks great.

But 10 mins after fitting was my first encounter with scary car shaking fuel/boost cut. /JawDroppi

I did have a manual boost controller at the time though and I had to wind that back considerably but noticed low down pick up was much improved with this filter. My fuel consumption went through the floor, it was apparently due to the ram air effect confusing the hell out of the standard MAF, which I guess you wont have with your setup.

It will be interesting to see how this set up makes your car perform, but that CDA unit definitely increased airflow from what I experienced...

Paul C
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I had one of these fitted too about a year ago but my install was not as neat and tidy as yours.. it looks great.

But 10 mins after fitting was my first encounter with scary car shaking fuel/boost cut. /JawDroppi

I did have a manual boost controller at the time though and I had to wind that back considerably but noticed low down pick up was much improved with this filter. My fuel consumption went through the floor, it was apparently due to the ram air effect confusing the hell out of the standard MAF, which I guess you wont have with your setup.

It will be interesting to see how this set up makes your car perform, but that CDA unit definitely increased airflow from what I experienced...

I nearly binned it off last time you mentioned about problems when on the rolling road. Since then i have removed the maf so will have to wait for the out come. It has took me nearly a year to get it that neat.I think my next additon to this will be to enclose the area behind the head light and battery and just have the air duct coming into that area.