PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 8G yearly Red Zebra prices

Brind
07-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Mitsubishi 'Cars' and other makes of cars over 3 years of age and under 100,000 miles with existing warranty: £275 for 12months Red Zebra Diamond renewal.

Mitsubishi 'Cars' and other makes of cars under 10 years of age and under 100,000 miles without existing warranty: £315 for 12months Red Zebra Diamond renewal.

Those with Grey Imports can also purchase a warranty after full mechanical inspection at a cost of £??? and your yearly warranty price is listed as above at £315 per year.

We are not at special category of £475 per year.
If your dealer seems adament it is however, contact:

Westhampnett Mitsubishi
Portfield Sports Cars Limited
Westhampnett Road,
Chichester,
West Sussex
PO19 7HH

Tel: Chichester INSERT INTO post VALUES (01243)

Service: 780387
Parts: 780287
Sals: 531335
Fax: 781199

ReggieK
08-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Err. Who told you this Brind?

I have spoken directly to the Red Zebra warranty person for my area and was told, categorically, that it is a special category vehicle.

He also went on to say that if, after buying a policy at the non special vehicle category price, you then made a claim it would be rejected by Red Zebra as your policy would be considered invalid.

I know this as I have just had to pay £468 for my warranty - so I looked into this big time. My VR4 is classed as a SCV, under 100,000 miles and under 10 yrs of age, but out of existing warranty.

Brind
08-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I was told this by the sales guy at the dealer mentioned above.

When I picked mine up after the service yesterday I inquired into this as I knew there was hassle with this.
The guy siad straight away that it was also special category but he went off to make sure which is when he came back and said no, it's not it falls into the other band above.

I can't be sure of the special category price but I'm sure he said £475 but as soon as he said it he was off to check.

Either way he was convinced and fully aware of what the car was as we were talking about Ralliart etc.

If he got it wrong, it wouldn't be my problem as that is what he would have sold me and therefore their fault, so if a claim was to be made later I'd wiggle out that way but he seemed adamant.

I have a print out copy of the waranty prices apart from the special category models.