PDA

View Full Version : Possible Return to the fold

V6Dan
04-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello all.

I doubt many of you will remember me, but I am thinking about returning to the fold of Galant ownership after being forced to give up my old one.

I'll start off with an apology to Detonate - I was supposed to be finding out costs to post a screen to you over a year ago, completely forgot after replying to you and didn't really log on since, please accept my sincerest apologies. :iloveyou:

For everyone else, I used to have a V6-24 auto, but work bought me a company car (a Daewoo - nice!) so I had to sell it as I couldn't really say no :( Anyway, when I handed in my notice I got rid of that car as quick as I could, and was bumbling around in my old Rover, but I feel its time for a change again so I'm looking at V6 manuals, I just need to fix and sell the bike first!

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is hello again from a re-n00b :baby:

Nick VR4
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi and welcome back good luck

Paul Beazer
04-09-2007, 01:51 PM
You'll be back.....

V6Dan
04-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Well my heads trying to steer me in the direction of something more economical, but my head normally gets the crap kicked out of it by my heart in these kinds of things and ends up leaving the battlefield utterly routed... :p

White Lightning
05-09-2007, 08:12 AM
Welcome back. What kind of Rover have you got?

Wayne (ex 620ti (x2) owner ... )

V6Dan
05-09-2007, 04:12 PM
I now have a 216Si bubble, since the mrs stole my old coupe :( I've also had a Ti, a Coupe Turbo, and 2 214's ;)

Was something of a Rover Fanboy. You used to have a green Ti didn't you? I'm sure there can't be that many waynes with Ti's in berkshire...

Rambaud
05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Well my heads trying to steer me in the direction of something more economical, but my head normally gets the crap kicked out of it by my heart in these kinds of things and ends up leaving the battlefield utterly routed... :p

I went for a 2.4 GDI instead of the V6 as they are significantly cheaper and should be more economical.

I get nearly 40 m.p.g. (air-con on, fully loaded and Tip 'box) and Isacc has got over this in his GDI.

Spirit
05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
welcome back Dan.......why not go the whole hog and get a VR4 ? /yes

V6Dan
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Because I can neither afford to buy or run a VR4 at the moment sadly, I'm only temping for the time being... HOWEVER, I start basic in February, probably followed by 2 years in Germany, and on my return I fully plan on spending some of my hard earned cash on a VR4, and even have the mrs approval ;)