PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Club help required

Slimshady
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Help

My brother-in-law (short bald headed tosser that turns up for meats with me sometimes) has now purchased an old Honda Prelude, after fitting an induction kit and havening it remapped and chipped just has the edge over me. We are both thinking about turning up for the Jap feast in October and I need to make my V6 faster.

I have looked into Chipping, Turbo’s and Nitrous but all are either non existent or very expensive for the V6. How can I squeeze more from my engine for low $?

If I do have to go down the NOS route how safe is it and can I conceal it from him before the day?

Sorry for the questions but I need more

Ninja Neil

AKA Slimshady

Wodjno
05-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Help

My brother-in-law (short bald headed tosser that turns up for meats with me sometimes) has now purchased an old Honda Prelude, after fitting an induction kit and havening it remapped and chipped just has the edge over me. We are both thinking about turning up for the Jap feast in October and I need to make my V6 faster.

I have looked into Chipping, Turbo’s and Nitrous but all are either non existent or very expensive for the V6. How can I squeeze more from my engine for low $?

If I do have to go down the NOS route how safe is it and can I conceal it from him before the day?

Sorry for the questions but I need more

Ninja Neil

AKA Slimshady

How much is just have the edge ??

Cos if it's just a very slight advantage ? Stripping your car of all the un-needed bits ie: Spare seats, door linings, boot lining and spare wheel etc. May reduce the cars weight enough to just give you the edge. And maybe adding a better flowing panel filter.

Nos can be fitted! And concealed ! It is relatively safe as long as your engine is sound and you only Sniff a 30bhp or 50 bhp shot ! Maybe even a 75bhp shot ??

conaboy
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
What model of Prelude is it?

I used to have the imported (Non 4 wheel steer) 2.2 vtec. (197 bhp)

They are surprisingly quick cars, especially in vtec. I would say a fair bit quicker than my old V6 Galant.

If you want to be faster, NOS would def do the trick! Wouldn't spend money on other things for all the difference it will make.

Either that or buy a VR-4!

Slimshady
06-09-2007, 12:26 AM
What model of Prelude is it?

I used to have the imported (Non 4 wheel steer) 2.2 vtec. (197 bhp)

They are surprisingly quick cars, especially in vtec. I would say a fair bit quicker than my old V6 Galant.

If you want to be faster, NOS would def do the trick! Wouldn't spend money on other things for all the difference it will make.

Either that or buy a VR-4!

Thanks for the help – N2O seems the best answer – I am also considering an air tank filled with 90PSI through a reg and air line (set to around 5 – 15 PSI) shoved up the air intake and elec valve to give extra boost to an NA V6.

Yes the VTec is an awesome engine and even better with a chip – I have to do better.

And yes you are right a VR4 might be better than a V6 but at the wheels the V6 is nearly as good (4WD and tip will slow you down)

Still searching for a chip or turbo

Slim

Nutter_John
06-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Ian manage to get something like 187 from his V6 and that was with the usual stuff ( air and zorst ) . iirc his fuel curve was very much spot on so I'm not sure how much extra you would get from a chip , altough something like a mapecu 1 may free up a little extra with the maf removed .

But for instant low cost running the nos would be you biggest bang per buck

A 50 shot of nos should see you beat him if you get the gear changes correct and the launch correct