PDA

View Full Version : Opera legend Pavarotti dies at 71

Nick VR4
06-09-2007, 08:28 AM
RIP
Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti has died at his home in the northern city of Modena, his manager has announced. The singer, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, was 71.
His charismatic performances - particularly alongside fellow tenors Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras - helped bring a new audience to opera.
Pavarotti had cancer surgery in July 2006 in New York, five months after his last performance. He had not made any public appearances since then.
He underwent five bouts of chemotherapy in the past year, and was admitted to hospital with a fever on 8 August. He was released two weeks later following diagnostic tests.
Fellow tenor Domingo said he had "always admired the God-given glory" of Pavarotti's voice.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6981032.stm

Wouter
06-09-2007, 09:05 AM
What a shame! I am not a opera fan, but I had hoped to be able to see him perform.

Paul Beazer
06-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I shall refrain from making any sarcastic comments.:lipseal :lipseal

SGHOM
06-09-2007, 08:00 PM
so sad. :iloveyou:
but tickets are still on sale for his latest concert..... 3 for a tenor. :thinking: :speechles

ianturbo
06-09-2007, 08:13 PM
he was 71 thats a good innings for a big guy :D i hear they are doing a one off concert for him it's not the 3 TENNORS ! its TWENTY QUID !!