PDA

View Full Version : MBL8 cured my Tappet tick

sharky
06-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hi all. I have had my 97' Legnum VR4 for 2 months now. I also have a 96' Legnum 2.5ST.
The lash adjusters in the VR4 ticked like hell wheather the car was warm or cold. I recently changed the oil to full synthetic 5W30 Penzoil. This did not stop the ticking, in fact it sounded worse especially in the morning.

On Monday, I put in some PROMA MBL8 engine treatment and the ticking has stopped completely. I believe this is what Mitsi mechanics use? This stuff is fantastic!! I couldn't believe that a little amount(~50ml?) of proma did the trick.
Car does not tick on start up or when warm. This morning was cold ~ 6deg C in Auckland but I could not hear the lash adjusters tick- even with the bonnet open!
I recommend this stuff for anyone sick of the dreaded lash adjuster tick!

M4vr1k
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Proma...isnt that the stuff thats not available to normal consumers? I thought it was only distributed to mechanics and service shops....

Gly
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
no anyone can buy it,
repco have it, you can buy it from mitsi,
most parts places can get it/sell it.

sharky
07-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Proma...isnt that the stuff thats not available to normal consumers? I thought it was only distributed to mechanics and service shops....

I bought the PROMA from Wootons, Onehunga. The guy there said it is one of their top sellers and is popular with the BMW car owners!

serenity88
07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
It'll work for a while, but if that's all you do it will come back within a month or two.

Noise is caused by insufficiant lubrication- obstruction usually due to sedementry build up (varnish)

The only true hedge for it is to use a product in conjuction with flushing. That stuff will have cleaned it up, my advice is to flush it and change the filter while it's sweet.

Have a look at this:
http://www.auto-rx.com/rms13/index-2.htm