PDA

View Full Version : Negative Camber

neil and bob
09-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Any of you industrious people managed to find a bolt set or new upper arms to give negative camber on the front? I have sussed out a couple of ways to do it myself, but both of them involve quite a lot of work.

-LegnumVR4-
10-01-2004, 11:50 AM
You shouldn't need to adjust the camber in the front. What causes the tires to 'cut out' on the inside is the toe. As the car gets lower the toe increases 'in'. Just get a guy at your local wheel alignment to 'setup' the car to ur current ride height. If the guy is good then u shouldn't have any problems with your tries cutting out. I do put washers in the rear upper arms to push the wheels out at the top to reduce the amount of + camber. Note the washers need to have a big surface area so they dont compress the metal on the chassis where they bolt up.

neil and bob
10-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I want more negative camber than usual though, mainly just through want of trying it. I assume that because no bushes or arms are available, then negative camber doesn't suit the car, but there is just a chance that the reason no parts are available because the model is not that common! The car gets driven quite hard most of the time, and as a rule I prefer to trade off tyre wear for the extra cornering grip of negative camber, my car is only FWD not 4WD.