PDA

View Full Version : hello from the US! Reelax 2007

Reelax
12-09-2007, 12:01 PM
hi guys. i havent stopped by in a long time but some of you guys saw my car posted here last year and i just wanted to share what it looks like now. well not much has changed but i was at a photoshoot w/ mbworld.org and they were using some very nice digital SLR's... here were the results:

the last 2 pics were taken at MOD07 in july (MOD = Mitsubishi Owners Day, mitsubishi motors USA's "all mitsubishi meet" held in california annualy, over 1000 mitsu's in attendance). last pic is from left to right: BILLET "best in show" - MOD07 (custom widebody), CALI (2.3L stroked 4g63T EVO8 swap), REELAX "best execution" - MOD06 (8G VIP)

cheers!

Nick VR4
12-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi and Wecome back congrats on the pictures

Nick Mann
12-09-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not a fan of bling, but I do like that! Stoopid big exhaust, but subtle at the same time. Very nice paint job, but without shouting about it. Good clean lines, even though there is a lot of body kit on it.

:thumbsup:

Reelax
12-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm not a fan of bling, but I do like that! Stoopid big exhaust, but subtle at the same time. Very nice paint job, but without shouting about it. Good clean lines, even though there is a lot of body kit on it.

:thumbsup:
thank you for the thumbs up. i was going for smooth when i built this car up. it has a kit but the skirts are molded in and the rear bumper is 4 pieces molded together then molded to the rear fenders. it took alot of work to get the car this smooth. also remember this a USDM car, the front and rear have been converted to JDM spec. here's a better shot of my "infamous" exhaust so you can see just how big and subtle it is at the same time:

mpau009
12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
:2thumbsup Even though you guys put a heap of effort into making your cars look like "normal" jap spec galants:P I really the US take on the galant, always looks clean (and a complete package) not like some of the over-japanised stuff we get sometimes... Id like to see you guys have a crack at the 98+ (for NZ) Legnum:thinking:

Do you know the brand on your front kit tho? i have only seen it on one legnum over here, and no one knew what it was called. It is a strange one, but it grew on me, and it matches the rest of your car to a tee.

Keep up the good work, and maybe get your hands on a 4WD 6A13TT or two:deal2:

Reelax
12-09-2007, 10:42 PM
:2thumbsup Even though you guys put a heap of effort into making your cars look like "normal" jap spec galants:P I really the US take on the galant, always looks clean (and a complete package) not like some of the over-japanised stuff we get sometimes... Id like to see you guys have a crack at the 98+ (for NZ) Legnum:thinking:

Do you know the brand on your front kit tho? i have only seen it on one legnum over here, and no one knew what it was called. It is a strange one, but it grew on me, and it matches the rest of your car to a tee.

Keep up the good work, and maybe get your hands on a 4WD 6A13TT or two:deal2:
the bumper is a nifty-r. it is pretty rare (there are only 2 in the US and about 10 worldwide). they are hand made in japan and nobody keeps them in stock (not even the manufacturer). i paid a big sum to get it. also we would love to tune legnums and 8g VR4's but those are not available stateside (not road legal because of US crash standards).

bradc
13-09-2007, 05:13 AM
Osiris had one on his car and I thought it was actually fairly ugly, I didn't like the lines of it on his car at all, but they do suit Reelax's car a lot better and fit in well with the rest of the bodykit

Ryan
13-09-2007, 05:37 AM
I especially like the exhausts which I think are done tastefully.

They look similar in appearance to the pipes featured on that very strange looking Subaru [ Brad maybe you know the one I am talking about ]

It features those rounded edged, squashed rectangular pipes... The Subaru I'm talking about has a lot of glass but can't find the life of me remeber what is is "spectre" or something like that.

anyway - i like how they sit flush with the bodywork in this example. :)

bradc
13-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Subaru SVX

Reelax
13-09-2007, 06:11 AM
I especially like the exhausts which I think are done tastefully.

They look similar in appearance to the pipes featured on that very strange looking Subaru [ Brad maybe you know the one I am talking about ]

It features those rounded edged, squashed rectangular pipes... The Subaru I'm talking about has a lot of glass but can't find the life of me remeber what is is "spectre" or something like that.

anyway - i like how they sit flush with the bodywork in this example. :)
thank you. the subi you are talking about might be this one (see pic below) as it has similar tips... subaru svx.

actually my car's exhaust was adapted from the 35th anniversary limited edition SLP chevy camaro SS. i took the SLP exhaust tips and added my own dual mufflers (one on each side of the spare tire well), resonator, all custom mandrel piping then took the SLP rear valence and cut it and the OE rear bumper to fit between the super VR4 rear pieces then molded them all into one piece for a very smooth OE look. the rear bumper is actually 4 pieces all molded together and then molded to the rear quarters. the exhaust is not visible directly from the side or top and sits flush with the bumper and higher than the bottom of the rear of the car.

snickells
13-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Love the exhaust. Looks amazing.

n13l pm
13-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Nice looking car you have there mate. Luv the rear molded bumper and the exhaust. :pimp2:

Ryan
13-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeh, that's exactly the subi i was talking about... :)

Reelax
14-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi and Wecome back congrats on the pictures

hey nick i totally missed your post. we miss you back at TGC! how is everything?

Crickle
14-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Hot Pics of your car there mate, well done :D Looks fab and very stylish the way you took them!

orionn2o
14-09-2007, 11:09 AM
the cars look great. does anyone know anything about the kit on the car on the left??

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19211&d=1189594514

Reelax
14-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Hot Pics of your car there mate, well done :D Looks fab and very stylish the way you took them!

thanks! well i can't take credit for any of the pics since i didn't take them. the first 3 were taken by a photographer/member at MBWORLD (http://www.mbworld.org). the 4rth pic was taken by a journalist covering MOD07 (huge annual mitsubishi motors USA sponsored meet): Mitsubishi Owners' Day 2007 (http://jalopnik.com/cars/super-attendance%21/mod-squad-hits-triple-diamonds-in-third-year-278608.php) . The last picture was taken by a fellow TGC member.

Crickle
14-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I particularly like the first three with the car park and the sunset in the background, all the contrasts make the car look ace. Now that is a gallant i like the look of and would buy!!

Nicely placed spoiler too, gives it a classier look without making it look like something from a comic book and the darkness of the inner section of wheels make it look sleeker. God I'm so shallow lol. /pan

Reelax
14-09-2007, 12:02 PM
the cars look great. does anyone know anything about the kit on the car on the left??

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=19211&d=1189594514

that is the CRUX front bumper remanufactured in the US by EREBUNI as the CYBER 1 or SHOGUN. that car also has custom hand formed wide body wheel flares and carbon fiber lower side skirt splitters running the length of the skirts. the middle car has a genuine JDM DOLPHIN AEROFORM bumper.

Reelax
14-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I particularly like the first three with the car park and the sunset in the background, all the contrasts make the car look ace. Now that is a gallant i like the look of and would buy!!

Nicely placed spoiler too, gives it a classier look without making it look like something from a comic book and the darkness of the inner section of wheels make it look sleeker. God I'm so shallow lol. /pan

here's a few pics of the wheels for you. they are 19x8.5 VOLK RACING SF-WINNING special order gun metal multi-piece seamless forged, wrapped in 235/35zr19 NITTO INVO tires.