PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, another question

Jerry Shaw
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I have been on to Cobra for information on the alarm system on my Galant.

They have told me its one of 2 systems and I have it booked in to re-aquire a certificate for the insurance.

Is there any remote chance that someone on here may have the same, and could possibly furnish me with a copy of the user guide.

Its either a 6422 or a 6402 unit.

Its a long shot but worth a try. I know from my web searches that these were fitted as an upgrade to some Lotus Elise models but I couldnt say what years, but definately circa 1998.

Cheers folks, this is such a great forum.

Kieran
12-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh crumbs... Might be easier to tell your insurance company that it's the factory-fitted Mitsubishi Diamond HF-3. This was the 'Mitsubishi' name for the alarm (even though the fobs still say cobra on them!).

I think with my GLS I was able to determine the Cobra model number by referencing the code on the back of the alarm fobs - If the paint's not worn off yours, that might work?

n13l pm
12-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Yep just tell them its the factory fitted Mitsubishi Diamond HF-3.

I got a 2003 galant mate, not sure if it was the same one used in the 1998 but should be as mits still call it the diamond hf-3, model was Cobra 8165.

This is the manual (http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/content/dealerAreaDocs/Fitting_Manuals/Fitting_Instructions_And_Manuals/8165Fitting_Instructions.pdf)mate, its says on it thatcham evaluation no: TC2-1102/0200.

Rambaud
13-09-2007, 08:12 AM
My Galant was first registered in June 2000, but unfortunately there is no serial number on the Cobra alarm fob.

Is it written on the alarm itself - assuming it's visible in the engine bay?

Paul Beazer
13-09-2007, 12:54 PM
Mine too and its a Cobra, just tell its the std Manufacturer fitted alarm from new.

Jerry Shaw
14-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, once again you folks have done it, lol

I have got it booked in for a certificate inspection anyway so hopefully all will be pukka.

Would the fact of not having the immobiliser fob, make it a point of not being able to issue the certificate for it?

I ought to try and start the car with the alarm wailing at me I suppose but I need to find somewhere remote, lol

Grinder
15-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Can I ask how much you were quoted for the certificate inspection? I have recently purchased a car with Clifford alarm, no cert, only one fob....

Jerry Shaw
15-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Can I ask how much you were quoted for the certificate inspection? I have recently purchased a car with Clifford alarm, no cert, only one fob....

Sure mate, he didnt give me an exact price but said it was around £15 +VAT.

I wouldnt think it would be any higher than £25 - £30 with the VAT

I'll let you know next weekend as its booked in for saturday.

This is the manual (http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/content/dealerAreaDocs/Fitting_Manuals/Fitting_Instructions_And_Manuals/8165Fitting_Instructions.pdf)mate, its says on it thatcham evaluation no: TC2-1102/0200.

Thanks for that link. I see the part about the PIN code. Can I find out from the system what the code is or will I get that with my certificate?