PDA

View Full Version : getting my VR4 this week any advice

stevie.c
11-01-2004, 02:20 PM
Hi all picking up my VR4 on thursday 15th jan can't wait like a kid waiting for xmas.It has some mods done to it it has HKS Super Drager full system,HKS Induction kit on it, Turbo timer ,Cobra Sidewinder Front Seats. Could someone give me some advice on what would be the next thing to add to it.
cheers stevie.c :

ritch_w
11-01-2004, 05:09 PM
drive it very quickly and have some fun!

SGHOM
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
next addition ?? a heavy right foot !! :cool1: :D :D

Spirit
11-01-2004, 06:16 PM
A Cat1 alarm and a tracker if you have any sense, then a boost controller !

banjo
11-01-2004, 08:28 PM
If not already undersealed, then get it done, including inside chassis rails or do it yourself with waxoyl liquid and waxoyl underseal. Use a weedkiller INSERT INTO post VALUES (Hozelock) pump up type spray from B & Q or similar. You can pump right inside chassis rail drain holes with this pump. Internal rear wheel arch areas are accessible from inside boot. There are also plastic bungs in rear wheel arches just forward of the rear wheels. Similar bungs just behind front wheels just in line with upper part of rim. Front sub-frame you can just spray from front grill if careful, better to remove, and remove plastic sump shield to coat there also. Be generous, I used over 5 litres on mine. This weather waxoyl tends to be not very liquid, thin with cheap engine oil, not used, as is contaminated.
I only squirted a small quantity in the doors as you'll spend the next summer months cleaning the drips from the drain holes!

Nick Mann
11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Just enjoy it!

I haven't done anything to mine yet, but the concensus is for performance to improve all round air flow and then whack a boost controller on. The other suggestion is the brakes, which can overheat with extended heavy driving. Trust me, you will be smiling plenty for a few months without anything!

Roadrunner
11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Underseal first, as banjo says, then I'd always upgrade the brakes before thinking about making the car any quicker.

Brian

calum
12-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Change the oil and filter. If it's an auto, do the g/box and filter too.

Calum

Brind
12-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Unless you've driven something that is faster or can handle better than the VR-4 believe me the VR-4 in standard form will be enough for most drivers!!!

As for alteration later, go with what's been said or make it your own by adding cosmetic finishes like subtle things like lights, wheels etc.. see Zedy's car if you want to go that far.

Have fun with it!!