PDA

View Full Version : WTB Hose off blow off valve/Engine cover thing

FNFAST VR4
22-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Hey all, I'm hoping someone here has a spare one of the bigger rubber hose/pipe from the BOV. Mine somehow got wrecked when I took it all out when getting the gearbox out.

Also, just noticed that the plastic cover on the engine is broken, that must have happened while the car has been sitting. Not important, but just thought I'd check if someone has a spare sitting around they want to sell.

FNFAST VR4
22-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Not important, but just thought I'd check if someone has a spare sitting around they want to sell.

Just to clarify, the hose is important, the cover isn't so much he he.

Nick Mann
22-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Intact engine covers are a rare thing in the UK. Some reinforcement and a coat of paint is probably your best bet.

Good luck with the hose.

FNFAST VR4
22-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Intact engine covers are a rare thing in the UK. Some reinforcement and a coat of paint is probably your best bet.

Good luck with the hose.

I had a feeling they might be, I cracked mine about a week after I got the car! But now its a lot more wrecked! Might try the paint route. Thanks man!

djb160
23-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Is it one of the pipes coming attached to the BOV or just a pipe joining onto one of these pipes that your after?

FNFAST VR4
23-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Is it one of the pipes coming attached to the BOV or just a pipe joining onto one of these pipes that your after?

There are two rubber hose/pipes coming off the BOV. Ones about 2-3 inches long, I need the bigger one, thats maybe a foot long? Maybe I should snap a pic of it... /haz

Gly
23-09-2007, 12:00 PM
that would be the return side pipe that gets feed back into the intake side.

whats it worth to you?

Nigelator
25-09-2007, 01:36 AM
whats it worth to you?

$300-400? hehe

Please say /YMaster

Nigelator
25-09-2007, 01:39 AM
maybe the same Dia. hose is use else where on the cars (+ non-VR4)
and Pic-a-part would have one, you could go in there and have a look at there cars. for one dallor not a lot lost. they have 3 branches in AKL I think. well I been to 3 anyway.

FNFAST VR4
25-09-2007, 08:58 AM
maybe the same Dia. hose is use else where on the cars (+ non-VR4)
and Pic-a-part would have one, you could go in there and have a look at there cars. for one dallor not a lot lost. they have 3 branches in AKL I think. well I been to 3 anyway.

Oh really? Might be well worth a look then. Never been to a pick a part.