PDA

View Full Version : ABS and TCL Lights

andrew38
22-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Filled up with fuel the other day drove away and the ABS light, TCL light and flashing car skidding symbol came on. Pulled the fuse and everything fine, however lights just came on again.

Don't know if related but had pads changed about 2 months ago for DS 2500 getting alot of redish colour dust which I clean off every week from my wheels.

Could it be a sensor or wire?

bradc
22-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Difficult to say, did the car feel any different?

I would suggest it could be an ABS wheel sensor, they can get damaged if a stone gets stuck up in them, and obviously they can fail due to other causes as well.

andrew38
22-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks
Just before the light came on the foot brake felt a bit 'different' but once the abs light came on it was fine. I think its a sensor will get the garage to check it out. Since I pulled the fuse this morning hasn't come back on again and brakes feel fine.

Nutter_John
22-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Given your location it may be worth a shout out to Ben @ Eurospec as they are only about 10 miles or so from you

Eurospec
23-09-2007, 07:07 PM
It could be just dust from the pads messing with the abs sensor. Or is it possible one of the wires has been damaged or connectors come loose?

Cheers,

Ben.

andrew38
28-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Had the brakes cleaned, there was a large build up of dust so hopefully that was the problem.

Wakaba
24-11-2007, 05:49 AM
any update on this issue? I just had the same thing happen to me.

Hotwire
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM
I had the same thing happen to me this morning. First time I've driven the car since picking it up, and took off down the street, had TCL off, ABS and skidding car come on within about 50m of leaving home.

I stopped turned off the ignition, removed the key, and started the car again. All the lights were off and stayed off for the remainder of the 30min drive to work.

I will be attempting to get the codes out the ECU tonigh (have EvoScan now and cable) but wondering if andrew or anyone else has any more feedback?

Cheers
Lee

Subaru ETA
07-05-2008, 07:01 AM
wheel speed sensor or hose off around the throttle body maybe

Hotwire
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
D/L the ECU codes, came up with:

Intake Temp Sensor
Throttle Position Sensor
Engine Coolant Temp Sensor
Camshaft Position Sensor
Barometric Pressure Sensor

So nothing relating to brakes/abs/wheels.

Pushed all the vaccum hoses on as tight as I could before driving it home, got no error so fingers crossed was a one off.