PDA

View Full Version : Need help with only 1st,3rd,5th problem on manual box!!!

Cezco
22-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I changed from 1st to second last night and when I tried changing to third, the gear lever wouldn't move... After a bit of light persuasion I now have 1st 3rd and 5th only. Gear lever is sitting down low and isn't possible to get 2nd and 4th because the lever wont go down any further... Any ideas how to fix this please?

Nutter_John
22-09-2007, 05:37 PM
lift the cover off from around the gear leaver and see if both connectors are fully lock in at the front of the selector box

They sometime can jump off and stop you getting gears , basically it is on the end of the cable sleaves a black block that slots over the white plastic gear selecting mech

Cezco
22-09-2007, 05:59 PM
They are on there fine. Someone said about the gear linkage by the gearbox. Not sure where that is or if it can be fixed?

zentac
22-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I would guess its yor gear linkage on top of the box.

Cezco
22-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have part numbers for these?

Nutter_John
22-09-2007, 08:42 PM
it is a cable come lose or a snapped cable , tell which bit is bust and i will get you the part code

Cezco
24-09-2007, 08:25 AM
I just found this back in 2005 from here:

LOL, I know exactly the part that has broken, I broke mine, not a major, there is a rubber part where the cables for the gear selector meet the gear box, the rubber perishes and breaks, the part is about $80 + GST, you will have to wait for it no one keeps them in stock, about 8 weeks from japan, unfortunately I don't have a part number for you, the exploded gearbox diagram I have doesn't show it, the bad news is that changing the part will take 5 min, getting to the part will take the best part of 2 hours.

Could you please get me this part number? Thankyou.

Cezco
24-09-2007, 04:09 PM
UPDATE: Found the problem eventually. The main holder for the linkage cables just before they go into the gearbox had collapsed. The rubber mount holding the cable to the metal holder persished hence no cable movement. Thanks anyway...