PDA

View Full Version : rattling mirror

pitslayer
22-09-2007, 11:42 PM
right, put sub and amp in my car now after lacking one for sometime now(i have missed it )
only thing is it all sounds great, apart from the interior mirror rattles like theres no tomorow, is there anyway to fix this, i pm`d n13l earlier he suffers same problem, anyone got any ideas?
it is rather annoying

and did mitsubishi change the foglight switches on the dash or move them in 98? i noticed earlier(flick them on going through the hamlet i live in so i dont shine lights in to peoples houses) they feel different from a 97 model, are they higher up on the dash, or set in more, they just feel different lol

mpau009
23-09-2007, 12:45 AM
It slides up and off down by where the mirror joins the windscreen, so the bass can rattle it loose, mine does it every now and then, you just need to squeeze it down so it is a tight fit again, or put a piece of paper or something in behind there to give it a snug fit.

Try a search, i found something a while back that told me how to sort it. The picture in the mirror still distorts, but that buzzing noise is gone:pimp2: That and my rear number plate rattling against the boot were the two main culprits.

mpau009
23-09-2007, 12:48 AM
:afro: This was the one

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4237&highlight=rattling+mirror

Worked a treat.

n13l pm
23-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Nice one mate, il give that a try :2thumbsup