PDA

View Full Version : weird window problem

spm01
23-09-2007, 10:51 AM
i have an odd problem with my drivers window at the mo. when i use the one push button to close my drivers window it nearly closes but will re-open and come back down to half way again and will keep doing this unless i keep my finger on the button to close the window.

anyone had this problem before and know the solution?

Nutter_John
23-09-2007, 10:59 AM
yep , search is your friend

it is a common problem due either pressure when traveling at speed or dirt in tracks

spm01
23-09-2007, 11:54 AM
used the search but i couldn't find any real solution to this.

think i will have to try and have a look at the tracks one day and make sure all is ok.
forgot to say that this was happening when i was parked up trying to lock the car up so its not a speed thing.

Gly
23-09-2007, 12:02 PM
mine does it... sticky/dirty tracks, not letting the glass go up straight/smooth

g6acb
23-09-2007, 12:39 PM
If This is when the car is stationary, I'd start by following Braindg's advice here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13853&highlight=door+trim

pitslayer
23-09-2007, 01:50 PM
also where the window sits in the seal and you get that line of dirt on the top of the window, make sure you clean it off regulary, when it rains and you have the window open water runs along the scum and then flys in straight at your face, it also stops the mank building up in the seal....you have just reminded me to go clean the inside of my windscreen and fill up the washer bottle, g force light comes flashing up when i brake or go around corners lol

jayjay99
24-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Do you have wind deflectors? I had this issue and the window was catching on these.

spm01
24-09-2007, 09:15 AM
thanks for all responses guys. i used the car yesterday and sods law it was fine, worked ok everytime.
i think it is something to do with the tracks as last night i could hear something sort of fouling the window so i will have to try and get the door card off soon and have a look.

thanks everyone :happy: .

BraindG
24-09-2007, 04:03 PM
yup, its a ball ache to get to the plastic clips at the bottom of the window but im 100% on this :) - unless of course your runners are in really bad condition.

its odd that you mention you have to hold it down for it to work, this didnt happen with me - no matter what i tried it would drop back down.

But, if your brave enough, or stupid enough like me - keep an eye on what the window actually does just as it approaches the top. the front (atleast in mycase) will drop down a bit which means the back of the window pops out of the runner at the pillar - if you stop the window about 1" from top, get your fingers in and push it back towards the pillar the window sits nice and flush and will close on the next button push - tightning the plastic clips on the bottom of the glass fixes this cos bascially whats happenening is the front clip is coming out of its housing on the lifter arm.

spm01
25-09-2007, 09:04 AM
yup, its a ball ache to get to the plastic clips at the bottom of the window but im 100% on this :) - unless of course your runners are in really bad condition.

its odd that you mention you have to hold it down for it to work, this didnt happen with me - no matter what i tried it would drop back down.

But, if your brave enough, or stupid enough like me - keep an eye on what the window actually does just as it approaches the top. the front (atleast in mycase) will drop down a bit which means the back of the window pops out of the runner at the pillar - if you stop the window about 1" from top, get your fingers in and push it back towards the pillar the window sits nice and flush and will close on the next button push - tightning the plastic clips on the bottom of the glass fixes this cos bascially whats happenening is the front clip is coming out of its housing on the lifter arm.

thanks for this, i think i will try and strip the door over the weekend, as long as the weather holds off.
i did notice that the window is rattling a little the other day when it was down so sounds like a runner/track problem.