PDA

View Full Version : My new Galant

pitslayer
23-09-2007, 04:07 PM
in winning turqouise. need to get some better pics of it really, but looking for some ideas for it, going to be redoing my alloys on it, thinking of a nice contrasting colour for it but cant think of one yet.
putting on smoke side repeater, and smoked rear lights, tint the windows, put a leather interor in it aswell

anyone else got any ideas for it?

Paul Beazer
23-09-2007, 06:05 PM
You surprise me! All the ranting about your silver galant and now you get another one! Hope this one is less trouble for you. A car is only as good as the care its had over the years.

ANTHONY
23-09-2007, 06:08 PM
looks nice maybe a jap size number plate on the front i think they look better than the uk size.

Paul Beazer
23-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Im rather partial to the square style front plates, shows off the bumper better, you dont need to use a number plate adaptor and it fits in the recess nicely!

pitslayer
23-09-2007, 06:41 PM
sqaure number plate im getting.
the silver one did cause me some troubles but after i spent alot of cash on it getting upto spec it was a great car. almost cried when i sold it, this one cost me nothing and its had all the work i had done on mine done. and more.
shame the gearbox was rebuilt so badly in it, writing up a letter tomorow for the gearbox center, sringvale industrial estate, cwmbran. lol

need to get the spoiler resprayed on it, as it was fitted on by a previous owner, and has a major scratch down to the primer on it.
and i need to get rid of the swirlo matic paint job, the previous owner before us, used a diamond coated mop pad on his buffer, need to get them out, looks awfull

HMG1K
23-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Are number plate size converter brackets available to take it from Jap style on the front to UK style..?

I'd love to know where I should look, dealer or where on the after market for the Galants...

Thanks everyone in advance.

pitslayer
23-09-2007, 10:55 PM
you should be able to get them from mitsubishi, just a small metal bracket 3/4 size of uk number plate which just bolts or screws straight on.
heres a few more pics i took earlier
yeh kieran its pretty filthy dirty, but its been raining and had a few diggers up and dwon my drive so its just turned to mud hence why minging and not been cleaned.

Kenneth
24-09-2007, 02:07 AM
So... you live under a bridge then? :inquisiti

pitslayer
24-09-2007, 02:41 AM
last 3 pics i posted up you can just see tiny bit of my house in the background, the white one, not the stone brick one, thats the old barn converted to house.
the first pic up the top was taken in my private tunnel, i like to call it the love tunnel lol.....

no to get to my house i need go up all 3/4 of a mile of my drive. they built a motorway and realised they had to put a bridge over my drive, so we have our own tunnel under the motorway. cool in some ways, but it takes about 5 minutes to get up my drive the galant, it catches all the bumps and drags all the stones along absoloute nightmare.

bradc
24-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Bet if you had a real car like a VR-4 it would sound magnificent in the tunnel!

They should give you your own private offramp too!

HMG1K
24-09-2007, 10:40 AM
you should be able to get them from mitsubishi, just a small metal bracket 3/4 size of uk number plate which just bolts or screws straight on.
heres a few more pics i took earlier
yeh kieran its pretty filthy dirty, but its been raining and had a few diggers up and dwon my drive so its just turned to mud hence why minging and not been cleaned.

Thank you! Really appeaciate your help!

pitslayer
24-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Bet if you had a real car like a VR-4 it would sound magnificent in the tunnel!

They should give you your own private offramp too!
cant get enough speed, if i floored it in there by the time you got some decent noise, you would end up ripping the bumper off on the drive lol......my own off ramp, you really dont realise how good that would be, there are only 2 junctions on that motorway, each about 20 miles apart, and no where near my house lol....

hmg, if i put a jap style one on my, car and you get stuck for the bracket i might have one kciking around

HMG1K
24-09-2007, 12:06 PM
hmg, if i put a jap style one on my, car and you get stuck for the bracket i might have one kciking around

That'd be brilliant - I just want to show off the two bars that are below the number plate in the front bumper... Sad I know!

Keep me posted as and when you know... I'm still waiting on getting my VR4 from the dealer as its waiting on some parts... It's Nev's ex VR4.

ANTHONY
24-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Are number plate size converter brackets available to take it from Jap style on the front to UK style..?

I'd love to know where I should look, dealer or where on the after market for the Galants...

Thanks everyone in advance.
I have one i dont need

HMG1K
24-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I have one i dont need

How much do you want for it, Anthony...? philip

ANTHONY
24-09-2007, 10:01 PM
how about £10.00 inc postage

HMG1K
24-09-2007, 10:43 PM
how about £10.00 inc postage

Sounds perfect! Thank you! PM me and let me know how you'd like payment. PayPal..? Cheque..? etc and I'll sort it from there... Thanks, Anthony. philip

ANTHONY
24-09-2007, 10:49 PM
pm sent