PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pre facelift wiring loom (passengers side from door to fuesbox)

Kenneth
24-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Yep, the electrical problems are from some obscure differences in the looms. Dammit.

KHK
24-09-2007, 03:49 AM
must be pre-facelift?

Kenneth
24-09-2007, 03:56 AM
must be pre-facelift?

Yep, facelift doesn't work... I found that out the hard way :P

Gly
24-09-2007, 05:33 AM
you cant adapt the facelift one to work??

bradc
24-09-2007, 06:18 AM
or if you can't adapt it, could you use Timo's loom? His is a manual prefacelift

Kenneth
24-09-2007, 10:33 PM
I dont have Timo's contact details...

I may be able to adapt the facelift, but its a matter of tracing all the wires to find out which are different. Thats going to be a hassle and take a lot of time. If I can get a good second hand one fairly cheap then ill do that.

Kieran
25-09-2007, 12:04 AM
What problems you got?

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 12:08 AM
What problems you got?

:thinking: Stuff doesn't work...

The dash back-light doesn't work, nor most of the accessories, and most importantly the Radiator fans don't switch on!

Gly
25-09-2007, 01:42 AM
mikes got timos details...
dunno if the shell/loom is gone thou...
after he stripped the bit worth keeping the shell went on TM for $1

Nigelator
25-09-2007, 01:43 AM
but if the plugs fit you should be able to get the wires swaped around correctly.
shouldnt be to hard.

What exactly was wrong with ur old one?

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 01:58 AM
but if the plugs fit you should be able to get the wires swaped around correctly.
shouldnt be to hard.

What exactly was wrong with ur old one?

The Galant is a 1997 VR-4, it was in or close to a fire that caused significant damage to the passengers side. This melted the loom.

I had a loom from a 2002 Legnum VR-4, I put this loom into the 1997 Galant, and the were electrical anomalies despite it plugging in like it was the same.

Mostly it looks the same, the plug that is responsible for the problems has the same wires and so it is not obvious which are different.

I plugged in a borrowed loom (Thanks Mike!) and the dash lit up properly, so it must be the loom.

As I said, I could trace the wires to find out what is different, but it isn't worth the time and effort if I can get a replacement for a reasonable amount.

william
25-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Ken, I am seeing Timo tonight to pick up his ECU. I will ask about the loom.

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Ken, I am seeing Timo tonight to pick up his ECU. I will ask about the loom.

Cheers William, that would be greatly appreciated! :)

Subaru ETA
25-09-2007, 08:19 AM
could have your facelift loom been damaged slightly and be shorting from when you had your accident?

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 09:01 AM
could have your facelift loom been damaged slightly and be shorting from when you had your accident?

No damage to the facelift loom. haha, that front fender was the ONLY straight panel on the car!

bradc
25-09-2007, 09:59 AM
what about the drivers door? :P

just a thought - couldn't you get Mikes loom and compare that to yours in depth and see what the differences are in regards to pinout and amount of wires, I'd imagine it would only be one or two that were different.

mpau009
25-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Good to hear you know what it is anyways.:2thumbsup

I am sure that LH front looms arent exactly a hot seller down at the local wreckers though, id give someone like mitsubishi partsworld a ring, if you offer to remove it they might do it even cheaper.

In the mean time though, if you want you can just stick in that loom to get your car up and running, and stick the replacement one back in mine down the track

william
25-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Ken, Timo got rid of the shell as Carsten said and unfortunately does not have the loom. I see there is a guy called "ernz" on TM wrecking a pre-facelift VR4. Could be worthwhile contacting him. I got the ECU off Timo and will fit it this weekend and return yours asap

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Ken, Timo got rid of the shell as Carsten said and unfortunately does not have the loom. I see there is a guy called "ernz" on TM wrecking a pre-facelift VR4. Could be worthwhile contacting him. I got the ECU off Timo and will fit it this weekend and return yours asap

Cheers for asking. ernz doesn't have it, already asked. got one sorted though, just its in Whakatane.

Kenneth
27-09-2007, 03:09 AM
all sorted :)

SHOWVR
27-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Just a warning, be careful to check Timos stuff - they engine he sold me was a dud!! was almost as bad as my one!! i eneded reconditioning the dam thing!! new belts and everthing!! still waiting for him to come back to me about some sort of reimbursement..../Grrr but i get car back tonight!! as well as a fat bill!!

Kenneth
27-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Just a warning, be careful to check Timos stuff - they engine he sold me was a dud!! was almost as bad as my one!! i eneded reconditioning the dam thing!! new belts and everthing!! still waiting for him to come back to me about some sort of reimbursement..../Grrr but i get car back tonight!! as well as a fat bill!!

What was wrong with it?
I would have thought that changing the belts was fairly mandatory anyway... might as well do it while the engine is out so you don't have to worry about it for another 5 years/100,000km

SHOWVR
27-09-2007, 07:28 AM
What was wrong with it?
I would have thought that changing the belts was fairly mandatory anyway... might as well do it while the engine is out so you don't have to worry about it for another 5 years/100,000km

I had to change the bottom end, the seals and bearings and some other internal stuff - yeah your right its standaad procedure but according to Tim the engine was in good order, he had it serviced, and rebuilt and stuff after his initial accident?

bradc
27-09-2007, 08:42 AM
yeah I thought he had the whole engine rebuilt too. Maybe they did a shoddy job on it?

mpau009
27-09-2007, 08:51 AM
yeah I thought he had the whole engine rebuilt too. Maybe they did a shoddy job on it?

He did, thats why the turbos are new... I got the impression that it had done 20,000k since that rebuild too.

but that was before he 180'd it up a curb and into a block wall at 70-80k, and who knows how long it sat before Don got hold of him:thinking:

Ah well, he didnt strike me as the sort of guy to rip someone off, and i am sure he will sort it out. On the plus side, at least now there will be no doubts about the state of your engine Don....

Just dont blow it up!:pimp2:

SHOWVR
27-09-2007, 11:56 AM
He did, thats why the turbos are new... I got the impression that it had done 20,000k since that rebuild too.

but that was before he 180'd it up a curb and into a block wall at 70-80k, and who knows how long it sat before Don got hold of him:thinking:

Ah well, he didnt strike me as the sort of guy to rip someone off, and i am sure he will sort it out. On the plus side, at least now there will be no doubts about the state of your engine Don....

Just dont blow it up!:pimp2:

Lol!!!/pan didnt blow it up, the 6A13TT is bullet proof remeber....hahaha
yeah your right about it being tough, but im gonna sell the fella soon.