PDA

View Full Version : Need new front shocks - suggestions please

DickBarton
24-09-2007, 06:03 PM
Just got the wheel bearing assembly replaced by my mechanic mate and he pointed out that the front shocks are leaking slightly and need replaced...looking for suggestions as to what to buy please - not a boy racer but do enjoy going a bit hard so not looking for the ultimate front shocks, just ones that do the job nicely.

Thought I'd spotted a set on Camskills website but after re-reading the link they were for the rear - at £100 for the pair I thought that was a bargain!!!

Cheers.

ANTHONY
24-09-2007, 09:32 PM
if the front are leaking your probably better off doing all 4 and get the car a bit lower

Nick Mann
24-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Some interesting deals around at the moment. EG for just over £500 you could get Tein Superwagons from RHD Japan.

I should be fitting mine within the next week or so, so can't give feedback until then. White Lightning also has some, but I don't know if he has fitted them yet. Wouter has some too and thinks that they are too soft! /pan

White Lightning
24-09-2007, 10:27 PM
White Lightning also has some, but I don't know if he has fitted them yet.

Not yet ... they are still in the box in the garage awaiting fitment ...

Hopefully just one more weekend finishing off odd jobs outside and then I can start on some car projects ... :pimp2:

DickBarton
24-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Rear ones were done about 6 months or so ago so no need for them to be tweaked so will just do the front ones...thanks.

Kieran
25-09-2007, 12:06 AM
If you want OEM spec, a set of Bilstein B4s will do nicely.

If you want OEM fitment but with firmer damping, Bilstein B6s.

:scholar:

colVR4
01-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Do the B6 Sport dampers with the codes BR5-2582 and BE3-2583 fit the facelift VR4 saloon?

I understand that these can be used in conjunction with lowering springs (up to 30mm) or standard ride height. Has anyone found out what springs fit on the VR4 saloon?

I have some spare cash and I want to get some new suspension bought before it spend it all on an x-box 360 and a copy of Halo 3 :P