PDA

View Full Version : ICE question

DickBarton
24-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I've got a Pioneer DEH-P5600MP head unit - single CD beastie - does the job very well indeed but I've noticed it can take a Bluetooth device that will turn it into a handsfree kit for the car - Pioneer do one but costs about £150 - from what I can work out, the unit plugs into the back of the head unit and allows the use of the car speakers/mutes the stereo when on a call, etc. It comes with a mic as well so you can do the full thing. I reckon £150 is a bit steep for what appears to simple be a bluetooth receiver - anyone know where I can get a similar thing that would turn the stereo into a bluetooth-enabled squawk box but not as expensive?

I've also noticed that I've plugged the wrong cable into the stereo so it looses it's memory when the power is switched off...I'll hopefully get that fixed shortly as well.

Finally, the previous head unit had a sort of jack plugged in - same sort of size as a new Nokia phone charger but longer - no idea what it is for...can anyone make a suggestion? Not too fussed about it as apart form loosing memory the new head unit works, but as I'm too lazy to follow the black wire and unplugged jack to find out what it actually does, would like to see what other thoughts are...

Thanks.