PDA

View Full Version : Another question.....

pungatree1
25-09-2007, 01:29 AM
I haven't had a look yet myself but was thinking today whether anyone has used a pod filter with the standard air box (don't know if it would fit) instead of going down the whole cold air box/ move battery route? Is this possible and secondly is it a good idea? /pan

I'm still trying to track down a panel filter and just thought about this as an alternative? I guess there won't be much room inside the box though as I have an HKS pod filter....

Kenneth
25-09-2007, 01:48 AM
I haven't had a look yet myself but was thinking today whether anyone has used a pod filter with the standard air box (don't know if it would fit) instead of going down the whole cold air box/ move battery route? Is this possible and secondly is it a good idea? /pan

I'm still trying to track down a panel filter and just thought about this as an alternative? I guess there won't be much room inside the box though as I have an HKS pod filter....

Not a good idea... you basically ruin the advantages of both.

You would be better off just using the OEM filter. Another option is to get the Ralliart foam panel filter

pungatree1
25-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Yeh - i thought there would be a good reason! Is there much difference between a ralliart one & the K&N in terms of performance etc? I've searched the forums previously but wondered if there are any more recent opinions now that people have been using them awhile.