PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a Legnum in NW England

PaddyB
25-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi All,

Having recently discovered the existence of Mitsubishi Legnum VR4s I've decided that I've got to get me one. Can anyone recommend a good VR4 dealer/importer in the Manchester area (or within a couple hours drive).

Cheers.

Paddy

Nick Mann
25-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Welcome! I have never used an importer, so can't recommend one. Hope you find what you are looking for! The only suggestion I do have in your area is to talk to Mo - username on here is Zedy1. He buys and sells, often breaks and supplies parts. Sometimes he has a car or two for perusal.

PaddyB
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Still looking: the nearest place to me that regularly gets VR4s is the dreaded Keighley Trade Centre, the next nearest is Ebony & Ivory in S****horpe; does anyone have any experience of them.

Finally I spotted a 2000 MITSUBISHI GALANT 2.5 V6-24 estate (UK spec, 54000mi, FMSH) today on autotrader for £8.5k, is it worth this much (& the 200mi trip to have a look). It is pretty much my perfect car.

Cheers.

Paddy

PaddyB
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
:speechles
I can't believe the censored S****horpe - it ain't that bad a place. I used to go there as a kid on holidays.

Nutter_John
10-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Look at the 4 letters it is censoring

8.5k seem very high to me for a 7 yr old v6 not matter how good it is

E&I has been visited by a member and he gave good ish views about the place , think they have a user id on here as well

This one has just come up in the classified

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=342

PaddyB
10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Cheers NJ,

I know the 4 letters ;). I was just taken by surprise that's all. Got me thinking as what other place names will be censored.

Looked at the ad: 120,000km is a bit higher than what I'd ideally like but it does look sweet.

The car for £8.5k is a VR4 Estate (auto/tip), not just a V6 - Parkers suggests £8.3k, what's the accepted wisdom for the buying price of such a beastie ??

I'm too daft to be able to post the link so here is the description (note it's not manual):

Manual, 54,000 miles, Midnight Blue, X-REG,RALLIART VR4 Twinturbo,front mount intercooler,290 bhp,face lift,midnight blue,1 owner from new,low mileage, full Mitsubishi RALLIART service history, last service at 53k miles,one of very few UK spec VR4s hence low on insurance,full RALLIART bodykit front and rear bumper/wheel arches/alloys/suspension/interior dash/NARDI steering/boot spoiler,tiptronic sports gearbox,window tints,front fogs,SIGMA alarm,remote central locking,electric folding mirrors/windows,airbags,long MOT and tax,ABS,PAS,all new tyres,very well looked after,good example of a fast sporty family estate. £8,450. ono

Thanks again.

Paddy

Nutter_John
10-10-2007, 03:46 PM
8.5 to me is stil a little high even for a 7 year old vr4 - I would say it would be better if we could see a pic

The price is a hard one as the market is quite low at the minute , lots of new imports for around 4k are making the market difficult to judge for rarer newer cars

120,000 km is not much at all , my one has covered 280,000 km and 80 of the km has been at 1 bar

PaddyB
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Here's a link to the autotrader advert pictures:
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/images.action?R=200739295676642&channel=CARS&adcategory=&largeId=609535909

Nutter_John
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
looks like a nice car , there is condensation in the pasenger headlight though

djdime
10-10-2007, 05:12 PM
you could buy my car for a FRACTION of that price and fix it. youd STILL have a shed load of cash left over

PaddyB
10-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Can't see all of your story djdime so I don't know what your car needs to be a runner but when it comes to buying cars (esp cars like these) I stick by what I once read: "Don't buy the best you can afford - buy the best there is. It saves a lot of pain & £".

Cheers anyhow.

Paddy

Nick Mann
10-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Some good advice from Nutless John above. I would think that 8.5k is a tad high for a 7 year old too, but having said that it is the best colour and shape and also lowish mileage.

AncientOfMu
10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Cheers NJ,

Manual, 54,000 miles, Midnight Blue, X-REG,RALLIART VR4 Twinturbo,front mount intercooler,290 bhp,face lift,midnight blue,1 owner from new,low mileage, full Mitsubishi RALLIART service history, last service at 53k miles,one of very few UK spec VR4s hence low on insurance,full RALLIART bodykit front and rear bumper/wheel arches/alloys/suspension/interior dash/NARDI steering/boot spoiler,tiptronic sports gearbox,window tints,front fogs,SIGMA alarm,remote central locking,electric folding mirrors/windows,airbags,long MOT and tax,ABS,PAS,all new tyres,very well looked after,good example of a fast sporty family estate. £8,450. ono

Thanks again.

Paddy

Hmmm,
290bhp.... doubt it.
low on insurance cause its a UK car....??? doubt it.

Scuff on front bumper. As said before, misty Headlight....

The Advert says to me OVERPRICED, they are using RALLIART terms to try and make it worth more than it is.

Another thing that gets me is its just had a quick jetwash (including engine) for the for sale pics but they cant be bothered to get the front bumper re-sprayed??

Sorry but it just annoys me, people asking top whack money but not offereing a top car. You say that you want to buy the best not just the best you can afford..... I wouldnt say the above vehicle is the 'best' VR4 out there.

1 owner from new... is it a private sale or trade?

Sorry I think I may just be in a bad mood tonight :(.

ianturbo
11-10-2007, 12:40 AM
one owner for new , or one from import ?? looks a bit pricey !290bhp ?? i'll stick a few ralliart stickers on mine then !
be carefull what you buy , (i know )
ian

bradc
11-10-2007, 07:34 AM
If it was a manual then it would be worth buying. But it is an auto and while facelifts are still quite rare over there, they aren't impossible to find and I think that considering the problem with the headlight, bumper and things.

I would suggest that is is worth the asking price, IF they replace the headlight, sort out the paint work, and do a full cambelt + atf + ayc + all other fluids + plugs + etc service on it.

PaddyB
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks all for your input. I've decided not to go for this one - it's just too far to go with a wad of cash in my pocket & not buy it regardless. I'll carry on looking nearer to home - maybe pop over to E&I this weekend.

Thanks again.

Paddy

Mart
17-10-2007, 12:01 PM
or you could just buy mine for £2700. I'm just down in cheshire.

Martin

mattd
17-10-2007, 04:07 PM
I enquired about yours Mart, did you get my PM?

ianturbo
17-10-2007, 08:56 PM
i was goin to say mart as one for sale !!(i did mail him and got no reply eiher /pan /pan )
ian

Mart
18-10-2007, 07:19 PM
just replied matt.

ian - my last contact from you was saying you were picking yours up tomorrow (?) - and that was in july!

anywho, got a very nice man coming for a look on saturday, so got my fingers crossed.

cheers,

martin

bigsed
18-10-2007, 07:55 PM
http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=26258&pageid=1

These guys have two, both silver manuals. :)