PDA

View Full Version : newbie from AUS

Nathn_r33
30-09-2007, 02:16 AM
Hi Guys
just sold my R33 Skyline and i am looking to get something a bit bigger (Legnum) Anything that i should look out 4 when getting one or anything i should know b4 i purchase one of them?

bradc
30-09-2007, 03:34 AM
In aussie spare parts are going to be difficult to find, so you're better off to stick with a Manual model. Apart from that, they are very good reliable cars and you won't have many problems with them.

Nathn_r33
30-09-2007, 03:42 AM
The boat from japan was made for parts. :) Why stick with a Manual model is the auto a problem?

bradc
30-09-2007, 03:57 AM
the auto's are good if they are well maintained, but they have to be fully flushed regularly and have the right oil put in, many owners in japan fail on both of those! The auto's are a lot more common though and cheaper.

KHK
30-09-2007, 06:55 AM
"many owners in japan fail on both of those!".........

1st time hear about that.
brad u sure about it?
i had my legnum imported directly from Jap, so far no problem with the auto
with your statement do i need to flush the auto completely with the correct auto fluid?

bradc
30-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Almost all of the auto VR-4's I've seen that have come in have had brown-black coloured ATF. I would suggest everyone does a full flush on their ATF when they get their car, and make sure they use Amsoil or Mitsi SPIII

Nathn_r33
30-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Almost all of the auto VR-4's I've seen that have come in have had brown-black coloured ATF. I would suggest everyone does a full flush on their ATF when they get their car, and make sure they use Amsoil or Mitsi SPIII

That Shoud not be a problem over here as all fluids are changed when importing the car.

bradc
30-09-2007, 07:50 AM
yes but what sort of oil are they changing it with?

ANTHONY
30-09-2007, 09:34 AM
yes but what sort of oil are they changing it with? properly the cheapest they can find

snickells
30-09-2007, 09:45 AM
I'll vouch for that Anthony. The cheep **** they put in mine is coming out some time next week and I cant wait until it dose.

snickells
30-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Damn, double post.

Nathn_r33
30-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I'll vouch for that Anthony. The cheep **** they put in mine is coming out some time next week and I cant wait until it dose.
Hi Snickells as your from melb you might have some idea about how good the importers that i am thinking of using are. Im thinking of using j-spec i have had a few mates that have used them in the past with no problems but would like your thoughts as well if you know anything about them. When i got the Skyline i went up to Syd and picked it up from Autostyle but cant be stuffed going all the way up there this time.

ANTHONY
30-09-2007, 09:30 PM
if you look on 0zvr4.com i believe j-spec is a member

snickells
01-10-2007, 11:49 AM
if you look on 0zvr4.com i believe j-spec is a member

He's more than a member, he's a sponsor!

Nathn_r33, Ben from J-Spec comes to our car wash meets usually, so perhaps you should come and say G'Day, see some cars and ask some questions. Personally I went through Kristian who runs IronChef imports, but that's coz he's cheaper.
Next time I import I would have no qualms about getting a car through Ben as he's a great guy who knows his stuff, so really its up to you dude.

Nathn_r33
02-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Mate i would love to come and have a chat to you guys but as i live in tas might be a bit hard. but i think i will be going with j-spec or iron chef as i have had nothing but good reperts about the 2 of them.