PDA

View Full Version : WTB : Cusco items

Oblivion
01-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Looking for Cusco Sway Bars (front and rear), also lower arm bars (front and rear). Willing to pay a reasonable price for good condition items!

mpau009
01-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Looking for Cusco Sway Bars (front and rear), also lower arm bars (front and rear). Willing to pay a reasonable price for good condition items!

I got a quote from one of the NZ dealers, Maz-Sport http://maz-sport.com/about/about.htm

I cant remember exactly, but it wasnt rediculously expensive back when the $ was really high. Might be worth a shot if you cant get decent 2nd hand stuff.

Oblivion
01-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah I've contacted them already as I know they're the official distributors in NZ. They said Cusco dont make stuff for the VR4 anymore :( Or maybe they're lazy? A lot of trades people these days seem to be useless unless they have the part you want sitting in front of them. When did you get your quote?

mpau009
01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah I've contacted them already as I know they're the official distributors in NZ. They said Cusco dont make stuff for the VR4 anymore :( Or maybe they're lazy? A lot of trades people these days seem to be useless unless they have the part you want sitting in front of them. When did you get your quote?

that was 8th September according to when i printed the contact info. I was going to go ahead with it, until i found my turbos are in need of attention.:5shots:

I was told $550 / 600 for a front and rear pair depending on the exchange rate at the time, and that i would need to wait about a week for them to come in, since they werent in stock..

CANDEE
01-10-2007, 09:01 PM

Mas-sport recon that they dont make sway bars for the legnums even though they are identical to the galants. RHD-Japan ftw!

VR4 MAD
01-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Try RHD Japan.........Got my front and rear bars from them........$600 in my hands airfreighted.

Though that was a couple of months ago when the Yens conversion rate was very very good.........will be about 10% more now the Yen come back quite a bit. /Grrr

Having said that the Yens conversion is on the rise again at the moment. :scholar:

Good luck.

/toycar

bradc
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
are they thicker and stiffer than usual Wynn?

VR4 MAD
02-10-2007, 01:12 AM
are they thicker and stiffer than usual Wynn?

Brad, short answer........yes.

Cusco (old catalogue) indicates the following;

Front: (if I ready the Japanese correctly?) standard 22mm Dia. replaced with 24mm Dia. giving a stiffness increase of 140% of standard bar.

Rear: standard 20mm Dia. replaced with 22mm Dia. giving a stiffness increase of 130% of standard bar.

Couple of things to note - you can't get the front and back mixed up as their shapes are way different. /pan

Secondly, the Cusco (Japan) web site doesn't appear to list them anymore. I'm sure they were there only a couple of months ago but they have revised their web site and all my links don't work anymore. Looking around the new site and the PDF catalogue doesn't include EC5A/W entries now.

So I reckon you don't muck around as they maybe going out of stock and not being produced anymore, hence not listed in their catalogue.

And yes, like a number of the goodies I've got, they haven't been fitted yet..../Grrr /pan :speechles

Say nothing Dixon8

/toycar

dixon8
02-10-2007, 01:30 AM
And yes, like a number of the goodies I've got, they haven't been fitted yet..../Grrr /pan :speechles

Say nothing Dixon8

/toycar

nothing said!!!!!!!/haz

CANDEE
02-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Brad, short answer........yes.

Cusco (old catalogue) indicates the following;

Front: (if I ready the Japanese correctly?) standard 22mm Dia. replaced with 24mm Dia. giving a stiffness increase of 140% of standard bar.

Rear: standard 20mm Dia. replaced with 22mm Dia. giving a stiffness increase of 130% of standard bar.

Couple of things to note - you can't get the front and back mixed up as their shapes are way different. /pan

Secondly, the Cusco (Japan) web site doesn't appear to list them anymore. I'm sure they were there only a couple of months ago but they have revised their web site and all my links don't work anymore. Looking around the new site and the PDF catalogue doesn't include EC5A/W entries now.

So I reckon you don't muck around as they maybe going out of stock and not being produced anymore, hence not listed in their catalogue.

Say nothing Dixon8

/toycar

Ill store them on my car for you... :scholar:

Goku
02-10-2007, 03:24 AM
They still have them, I was just at the site today...

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06sta_86.pdf

EC5W is still on there.

With current exchange rates, they are about $215 each + shipping.

VR4 MAD
02-10-2007, 10:27 PM
They still have them, I was just at the site today....

Yep your right. I was looking in the wrong area. Bloody translation software was misleading. The list I was looking at was for "roll bar" which is actually roll cages /Grrr ...........which does have an entry for the old E38/39 VR4s.

Sorry for misleading everyone...........(quickly runs and hides in the corner)

/toycar

Goku
02-10-2007, 11:02 PM
wait... you need translation software to navigate that site ?

Dude, it's pretty self explanitory.

VR4 MAD
03-10-2007, 12:21 AM
If you enter via the home page there's an english option somewhere up the top right of the page.

I entered via a link from my favourites which dropped me in the middle of the Japanese site with Google translation already active. I then navigated from there to what I thought was the correct sway bar page but as I said, the translation mislead me to the roll cage page.

As the page was a PDF and all in Japanese, the translation couldn't work and there wasn't any diagrams or anything to give much of a clue what I was looking at, just a list of codes and numbers.

I'm not a complete idiot, just mislead. /pan /Grrr

/toycar

Oblivion
03-10-2007, 01:28 AM

/toycar

If you're still not using them and if I cant get them from rhdjapan I'll gladly take them off your hands and put them to good use! (for a reasonable price of course :P)

VR4 MAD
03-10-2007, 03:09 AM
.............. if I cant get them from rhdjapan........ :P)

Don't worry you can still order them through RHD............SO GET YOUR EYES OFF MINE..../Grrr /pan /rally

/toycar

Nigelator
03-10-2007, 04:34 AM
I wasnt aware we had a problem with our sway bars.
they just help us cornering right. and not for the rear wheels to move our too far from under the vehicle or is it to stop the car rolling when cornering?

VR4 MAD
03-10-2007, 05:49 AM
I wasnt aware we had a problem with our sway bars.
.........................is it to stop the car rolling when cornering?

We don't really have a problem as such, it's like most things with production cars, they can be improved which is what the cusco bars do by being stiffer, thus reducing body roll during cornering.

/toycar

Oblivion
05-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Don't worry you can still order them through RHD............SO GET YOUR EYES OFF MINE..../Grrr /pan /rally

/toycar

Ok ok :) I just want them so bad! Making an order from RHDJapan next week :D

bradc
05-10-2007, 07:33 AM
he lives in Wellington, lets go down and steal them :)

If we are making an order from RHD Japan, why don't we put up a thread in the NZ area and get a whole lot of stuff at once, we should save on freight and get a discount too.

Oblivion
09-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know if there is a rear strut brace for Galant VR4? I just went to put in my brand new Cusco one but it turns out the Legnum one doesnt fit :( So now its for sale, anyone want it?

Kenneth
09-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Does anyone know if there is a rear strut brace for Galant VR4? I just went to put in my brand new Cusco one but it turns out the Legnum one doesnt fit :( So now its for sale, anyone want it?

Yep :D How much you want for it? (might want to pm me)

Gly
09-10-2007, 08:45 AM
its the same... it should fit, unless you have the wrong one.

but if you wanna sell it ill gladly buy it

Kenneth
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
its the same... it should fit, unless you have the wrong one.

but if you wanna sell it ill gladly buy it

I got there first! na na na na na /haz

Gly
09-10-2007, 08:53 AM
you do realise if it wont fit his galant it might not fit yours :P

bradc
09-10-2007, 08:54 AM
The Galants already have a metal subframe at the back though, so there isn't as much of a need for a strut brace at the back.

Gly
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
woops.. i though it was a sway bar, i dont want it then,
hahah

Oblivion
09-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Holy crap you guys are fast!! It doesnt fit because the chassis is in the way, pretty sure its the right one as where it would bolt up seems to fit perfectly. Taking a second look the packaging says its for EC5W, no mention of EC5A though :(
To be fair Kenneth did get there first! hmmmm.... rhdjapan lists this for $236, whats a fair price I wonder? I'll go put my seats back in (had to take everything out to get at strut mounts) be back soon

Gly
09-10-2007, 08:59 AM
thats coz there isnt one for galants,
to get it on you have to trim some metal out of the way...

it can be done!

its only a direct fit on legnums,

kenneth can have it if he wants...
it wont fit my car with my sub box in the way.

Kenneth
09-10-2007, 09:06 AM
It would be for the Legnum...

Not sure if the Galants really need one, as there is a lot of panel work close to the rear strut towers anyway on the Galant... I would think that keeps the rear fairly stable.

Gly
09-10-2007, 09:11 AM
just as a side note,

you can get the GReddy one from RHDjapan for $160au surface post, or $180au EMS (fedex)

and the cusco one is $194au surface, $213au EMS,

the Greddy one looks more solid

Mac.
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Cusco Lower Arm Bars front and rear for EC5W - $365 EMS air freight from 41.co.nz - if anyone's interested =]

bradc
09-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Mac - $365 in total for the two of them including freight?

Gly
09-10-2007, 07:12 PM
thats each, ther cheaper from rhd

Mac.
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
That's for 2, air freighted.

CANDEE
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry to sound dumb but is that for the swaybars or the lower bars? :embarasse

Oblivion
09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I guess I could take Gly's advice and MAKE it fit, chop some of the metal out and sweet as! Kind of would defeat the purpose though huh lol :P

Mac.
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Lower Arm Bars front and rear. No sign of sway bars from Cusco any more.

Kenneth
09-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I guess I could take Gly's advice and MAKE it fit, chop some of the metal out and sweet as! Kind of would defeat the purpose though huh lol :P

Chop up the chassis to put a chassis strengthening part on? Is it me, or does that sound silly? :P

If you were going to do anything, I would just weld another piece of steel in there.

VR4 MAD
09-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Lower Arm Bars front and rear. No sign of sway bars from Cusco any more.

Pictures please or a link to some info would be good......:scholar:

/toycar

CANDEE
09-10-2007, 10:41 PM
https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_detail.php?int_product_id=851

I would assume they are the same as above?

Mac.
09-10-2007, 10:49 PM
EC5W - http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06stb_239.pdf
EC5A - http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06stb_238a.pdf

The thing that looks like a square box - that's a 'ro' as in 'rora armu baa' =] Lower Arm Bar.

And sorry my mistake, there's 2 lower arm bars available, both front.

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06stb_214.pdf

Type 1, and Type 2 top right corner.

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 12:16 AM
And the Type II as well.

https://www.rhdjapan.com/home/products/product_detail.php?int_product_id=3162

I assume that they both will fit the EC5A as well as the listed EC5W?

/toycar

Mac.
10-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes both Type 1 and Type 2 listed specifically for both cars.

Type 1 - $125 delivered
Type 2 - $225 delivered

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 01:43 AM
......If we are making an order from RHD Japan, why don't we put up a thread in the NZ area and get a whole lot of stuff at once, we should save on freight and get a discount too.

Excellent idea Brad, shame this wasn't suggested a couple of months ago when the NZ dollar was higher against the Yen.

I would be keen if people want to spread the shipping cost of bigger/bulky items but if people only have smaller airfreightable items then that doesn't help me. /Grrr

Sorry, my item is too big to airfreight, an awkward size and shape as well as fragile. Freighting costs quoted by RHD were 3 to 4 times the item cost making it just not worth the trouble. :speechles /pan

Just need to find someone or a business bringing larger items across from Japan so I can slip my item in with their stuff..............any ideas or suggestions anyone.

/toycar

Mac.
10-10-2007, 01:45 AM
If you buy in bulk you'll pay additional fees at customs, making their prices far more expensive than ours. Why not ask us for a group deal? Perhaps start a thread - if you want anything from Japan post it up and we'll quote you..

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 03:27 AM
............. if you want anything from Japan post it up and we'll quote you..

That include body kits and carbon-fibre body panels, bonnets, wings etc?

/toycar

Mac.
10-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Yes, which becomes significantly cheaper to order in bulk. One bumper? $300 in shipping. One more? +$50.

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 05:23 AM
Yes, which becomes significantly cheaper to order in bulk. One bumper? $300 in shipping. One more? +$50.

Well even that $300 is looking attractive compared to what I've quoted before but............ now comes the tricky part, what will the front lip I'm after cost me. /pan

Here's the details of the front lip:

Make: Scatch-Vogue
Vogue 'Masterage' Body Kit Parts
Legnum Model No. 03~3.5
http://www.scratch-vogue.co.jp/LEGNUM/index.html

I have the facelift (post 1998) model Galant and I'm after the lower lip to add to my front spoiler. The "Front Under Spoiler'' (39,000 Yen or about $440 NZD) is what I need. I've had it confirmed that is all I need for the facelift Galant.

Let us know what price including shipping costs to me here in Wellington

Cheers

/toycar

Gly
10-10-2007, 05:32 AM
you do realise if you go over $1000nz value on items it will get taxed, (+gst 12.5%)

and then who ever gets them would have to courier the rest out. more cost

and it would probabilly end up costing more than if you did your own order and had it shipped to you own door. and kept it below $1000, and not have to pay gst on it.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Well that's why we exist =] To take care of those unforeseen middle steps.

Vogue Lip - $796 landed. GST, shipping included.

Self import:

Part cost - NZ$450. Shipping NZ$190 - total NZ$640. Customs (10%) $64, GST $71, Customs duty $85 - total $860

Gly
10-10-2007, 06:50 AM
you dont pay customs/gst if its under $1000

you migth get customs, depends how they feel, but no gst.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah you do =] If the take on the consignment is either $50 in GST or $50 in duty it will be stopped. Therefore any item over $450 will be pursued for GST by customs and hence it will need to be cleared via a broker. Please read:

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers/Commercial+Importers/Duties+and+Levies.htm

Now if you are a one-off importer you MIGHT get away with it, but if you are a 2+ importer - commercial or private - you should get stung.

Gly
10-10-2007, 07:35 AM
ok so i was slightly wrong,

$450 max till you get taxed,

but you dont get tax on postage/shipping costs do you?
stupid wording imo on the customs site...

http://www.customs.govt.nz/importers/Private+Importers/Customs+Charges.htm

and the Scatch-Vogue lip is (39,000 Yen or about $440 NZD)

so will still fall under the $450 max mark

either way, everthing im importing falls under $450 so im not worried.
but good on you for being the middle man.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Yep you get taxed on the combined shipping and part cost. Shipping on large items like the lips is expensive because of the size.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
For example, even though an HKS Altezza Front bumper is only 7kg boxed (normally about $70 NZ to post) the size of it means EMS can't take it so it has to be air freighted, total cost $310 at last count.

bradc
10-10-2007, 11:07 AM
So the cusco anti roll bars are no longer available? :(

I'm really keen for a set front and rear! If not cusco then any other brand will be ok as long as they are thicker and stiffer.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Found it! Ding Ding!

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06sta_86.pdf

Normal 20mm Front, Cusco 22mm - $325 - 130% increase
Normal 22mm Rear, Cusco 24mm - $325 - 140% increase in stability

Air Freight. These weigh over 5kg!

bradc
10-10-2007, 11:25 AM
So how much cash do I need to give you for the pair? (and if we can get multiple sets ordered, how much?)

Oblivion
10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes I want a pair of cusco sway bars too! How much $$? Perhaps it will be cheaper ordering two pairs.....

Mac.
10-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Well if you use ocean, take 6% off the price, if you order together take 8% off - i.e. if a one off order is placed, the price is as above. If you want to use Ocean, the price is as above minus 6%. If you want to buy together and use ocean, the price is as above minus 8% =] Also there's camber plates, lower arm bars, etc etc so if you want anything else add it to the list!

Oblivion
10-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Can you elaborate on the camber plates, pics? I thought there was nothing available for EC5A/W to adjust camber? Anyway I'm hoping to get some negative camber at the front, I hope this is what they do! Oh is this from cusco too?

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Well that's why we exist =] ..........Vogue Lip - $796 landed. GST, shipping included.......

Cheers for that Mac. Definately food for thought there. Mmmmmmm

Two questions, is that shipped via surface or ocean as you refer to it. If so, how long approximately from time of order to delivery usually. Just an estimate for my info.

Secondly, that '$796 landed' is to Auckland I presume. What, if any, additional cost to get it to me here in Wellington?

/toycar

CANDEE
10-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Hes based in Welly Wynn.. :2thumbsup

VR4 MAD
10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Hes based in Welly Wynn.. :2thumbsup

He is.........:speechles

Sweet. Didn't realise..........Doh /Grrr

/toycar

Mac.
10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Nope every price we quote includes shipping to your front doorstep =] All prices quoted include EMS air freight, typical delivery is 1-2 weeks, but that's the delivery time-frame. Working with new companies and / or holidays / bank holidays / weekends / customs *might* add to that time frame =]

All up, it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

Mac.
10-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Can you elaborate on the camber plates, pics? I thought there was nothing available for EC5A/W to adjust camber? Anyway I'm hoping to get some negative camber at the front, I hope this is what they do! Oh is this from cusco too?

Sure - yes they are Cusco. The camber plates bolt into stock suspension top hat positions providing you with camber control.

The EC5W kits are stock replacement top hats only with no camber control though.

http://www.cusco.co.jp/products/pdf/06pil_110.pdf

Gly
11-10-2007, 12:12 AM
yo cant get camber plates to legnums/galants because of suspension type,

you have to use camber bushes, of to offset the upper suspension arms,
theres an artical in the members section i wrote on this

Oblivion
21-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Just wondering for future reference if anyone knows the spring rates of the Cusco coilvers? And if the dampers are mono tube/twin tube, compression or rebound adjustible?