PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - dodgy CD and stubborn trim

legnum1
01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
This is my first posting so apologies for any protocol errors - I am the proud owner of a '96 Legnum which is virtually perfect. The only problems concern the 10 disc changer. It skips badly, but only on r hand bends!! Rough ground dosen't affect it - any ideas. As a safegyard I've found a replacement but cannot work out how to remove the two black hooks which secure the black trim below the r/o/s window. Any help to a VR4 new boy would be appreciated.

Nutter_John
01-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Sounds like one of you rubber mounts internal to the drive unit is lose or buggered
I think the trim just pulls off but don't quote me on it

And Hello and welcome to the mad house

Paul Beazer
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
By the two black hooks you mean the round knobby hooky things in the boot just below the window? They are a pain, the best method i've found is to rotate them until you see a slot in the side of them, have the slot facing towards the back of the car, shove a flat screwdriver in there and push quite hard whilst wiggling the hook forwards and backwards and it should release with a bit of wiggling and tugging.
Sounds like the CD changer may have a dislodged rubber damping mount. If you take the changer out and remove the case you should find them. Make sure they are properly located. The ones in my kenwood one pop out from time to time. A bit of gentle pressure should pop them back in.

Nick Mann
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
The black hooks have a fixed tab and a flexible tab. There is also a slot in the hole the hook sits in. Rotate the hook so the fixed tab is in line with the slot, use a screwdriver on the flexible tab and they should just pop out.

Good luck with the changer! And welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
01-10-2007, 09:01 PM
The black hooks have a fixed tab and a flexible tab. There is also a slot in the hole the hook sits in. Rotate the hook so the fixed tab is in line with the slot, use a screwdriver on the flexible tab and they should just pop out.

Good luck with the changer! And welcome to the club! :thumbsup:
Didnt i just sort of say that Nick? kinda like in my own words y'know!

Nick Mann
01-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Didnt i just sort of say that Nick? kinda like in my own words y'know!

You did, but in a less scientific way! In fact, it was a bit girly the way you said it? /pan /pan :P

/Checks Vicky is not reading over his shoulder!!!

Paul Beazer
01-10-2007, 09:20 PM
You did, but in a less scientific way! In fact, it was a bit girly the way you said it? /pan /pan :P

/Checks Vicky is not reading over his shoulder!!!
Im comfortable with my masculinity thank you (or lack of it petal!)

ANTHONY
01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
cannot help on this issue but /Welcome2 /Welcome