PDA

View Full Version : number plates

stevie.c
12-01-2004, 05:54 PM
could someone please tell me the size of the number plates on the VR4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (98 model) i also were can i buy them from, a private plate was on the car thats the reason i need new plates on it. I can't find anyone around here INSERT INTO post VALUES (bracknell) that make these plates.
cheers...........stevie.c

Spirit
12-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Stevie

The front I had made was a 13" x 7" and fits perfect for the ready made section on the front bumper. I could not get this from your mainstream motor factors but found a local company on an idustrial estate who made it in 15 minutes. Just have a look in your yellow pages, and of course they need to see your V5 and some form of ID with your address on.

Worst case is to order on off the net, but then you have to post your V5 etc to them also so not so good.

Pete

Brind
12-01-2004, 09:57 PM
I bought my plates from Fancyplate.com which is internet only, based in Ireland.
You'll find most people from the EVO forum have bought their plates from them due to the fact they can make up a plate to suit you, and you can choose logos, colours, font amd size.

Very quick delievery!!!! well packaged and I'd use them again.

Didn't need to see any proof of ID or anything either, could be due to being mainly off road plates, but the ones I have from them have been stamped and legal for on roads.

SGHOM
12-01-2004, 10:05 PM
had mine made at my local 'autostart' shop. had to have the correct ID. but no problem making the plates to the size I wanted. perfectly legal, but they did change the shape of one number very slightly. :$ :$

stevie.c
13-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Are the rear plates the same size has the front

ReggieK
13-01-2004, 11:25 PM
Hi Stevie,

I'm gonna have same problem as you shortly, got to give the p plate back and have some new ones made up. I was going to start with Halford's in the Peel centre, they have a plate making department. Have you tried them?

I have a standard plate on front and the attached on the rear. If you want I'll measure it tomorrow?

Spirit
13-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Our local Halfords could not do the 13x7 for my front but maybe they just couldn't be bothered !

Nick Mann
13-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Agreed, Pete. Halfords do a 11" wide, but not a 13".

Yeeeuk. Said a nasty word. WIll have to go and wash my mouth out!