PDA

View Full Version : Digital reading on clocks.

spm01
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
i have just fitted a speedo convertor and delimiter from funkystyling, which works a treat.
the question i have is that the digital reading on the clocks is still in km's but i would like this in miles as well. is there something i can do to convert this or does it have to be done with software and a laptop?

Beastlee
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
It should be reading in mph if you've wired it in right.

bradc
03-10-2007, 07:28 PM
if you drive 100 miles, the odometer should go up by 100km's, not 160km's. Obviously you should take a reading of how many km's the car has done when you do the conversion, and remember that everything after that is in fact in miles.

Gly
03-10-2007, 07:30 PM
i think he means the odometer??

no you cant change it sorry,

but it is working in mph now instead

Nick Mann
03-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah, as said, changing the odometer reading is not something I have seen done. Most people just quote the km's at the point of change, so you can convert the whole reading to miles.

Beastlee
03-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Have seen a few people mention getting the odommeter adjusted correctly. Would like to see that done.

I have to work out where my converter is and remove it but my decision is whether I do it before or after I get to Germany. I guess it's safer to stay in mph for al the cameras in the UK and use satnav in Kmh mode whilst in Germany.
I won't have any tools to hand so will be driving around in mph only for about a week. All kicks off tomorrow :)

Paul Beazer
03-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Good luck for tomorrow squire! Enjoy the autobhan!

Eurospec
03-10-2007, 11:16 PM
You can get somone like Digi-dash to come out to your car, you tell them the mileage to convert to, they plug in and presto, done.

We have a guy down here who does it for £60. We give a certificate to say what the mileage was before and after.

Technically, thats a no-no i believe, but you are not 'losing miles' just converting, so i really dont see the problem.

Cheers,

Ben.

ianturbo
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
i have just fitted a speedo convertor and delimiter from funkystyling, which works a treat.
the question i have is that the digital reading on the clocks is still in km's but i would like this in miles as well. is there something i can do to convert this or does it have to be done with software and a laptop?
hi bud i got one of these on mine , mine seems to be 3/4 miles out compared to speedo , how is yours ?
i am going off sat nav 70 on speedo -66/67 on nav , but i have 17" enkles on this may be it ??
ian

bradc
04-10-2007, 07:31 AM
what sized tyres do you have exactly?

spm01
04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
hi bud i got one of these on mine , mine seems to be 3/4 miles out compared to speedo , how is yours ?
i am going off sat nav 70 on speedo -66/67 on nav , but i have 17" enkles on this may be it ??
ian

hi mate, mine seems to be pretty good, only about 1 mile out.reading 70 on clock and 69 on nav.
wheels and tyres will have an effect, but at the mo i am using standard wheels and tyres.
out of interest what enkei wheels you using? are you using the evo8 wheel? if so do they fit ok or do they rub and have you lowered your car?
simon

bradc
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
the evo wheels will fit just fine, they will rub a bit at the back if you don't roll the guards.

spm01
05-10-2007, 07:52 AM
the evo wheels will fit just fine, they will rub a bit at the back if you don't roll the guards.

will they fit with the car lowered as well or do you have to roll the arches if you're lowering the car?
i can put up with rubbing every now and then as i dont really have people in the back anyway.

bradc
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
have to roll them if it is lowered. Most people with stock height cars have never had a problem with them rubbing. I think Nick Mann said that once with his EVO wheels the tyre rubbed, but that was with 5 people in the car and going over a bump.

I had EVO 7 wheels on mine for a while, and mine is very low - check out my gallery. When the guards weren't rolled they rubbed all the time, I had to drive like a nanny, but now with the guards rolled I don't have any problems at all, even with wheels that place the tyres 3mm further out.

spm01
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
have to roll them if it is lowered. Most people with stock height cars have never had a problem with them rubbing. I think Nick Mann said that once with his EVO wheels the tyre rubbed, but that was with 5 people in the car and going over a bump.

I had EVO 7 wheels on mine for a while, and mine is very low - check out my gallery. When the guards weren't rolled they rubbed all the time, I had to drive like a nanny, but now with the guards rolled I don't have any problems at all, even with wheels that place the tyres 3mm further out.

thanks for the info mate.

any idea where i can find pics of legnums that are lowered with evo wheels and not lowered with evo wheels. i need to see what it looks like as i dont want it to look like a tractor if not lowered?

bradc
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
check out Nick Manns car, his wasn't lowered until recently, all the pics in his gallery show it with the original suspension

bigsed
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I think if you have some documentation to prove what kms were on before then it's legitimate to do. I have not had mine adjusted yet but will do , taken from the last official reading in kms (MOT at import). Cheapest I have found so far is £150!

HMG1K
18-01-2008, 10:57 PM
If you have old style dash instuments and fancy the smokey digital ones - one's come up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Galant-2-5-V6-Sport-Tiptronic-Speedo-Clock-Speedometer_W0QQitemZ200191192446QQihZ010QQcategor yZ10400QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem