PDA

View Full Version : Which is best ?

Mark 4
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Can people please give me their thoughts on which is best, Apexi rsm, Gtech, AP22 or whatever.

All opinions gratefully received.

Beastlee
03-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I had an RSM and it was fantastic, only downside was the km/h only readings. Took no time at all to install (about 1.5 hrs) including the additional G-Sensor and the work to fit behind the sunglasses holder.

Only tried the dash/windscreen mounted unit which was OK but just basic.

Nick Mann
03-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Much of a muchness. If you have nothing, consider an older model G-Tech, they were gettable for £30 at one point. Basic, but not as innacurate as you'd think! At Santa Pod, mine always read 5 mph over on the 1/4 mile, but never more than 0.2s out. Pretty good as an indicator, I'd say.

The RSM uses a speed signal, I believe, so is able to calculate more accurately. I think it is also far more expensive?

Can't comment on the other at all.

Kieran
04-10-2007, 12:05 AM
I had an RSM and it was fantastic, only downside was the km/h only readings. Took no time at all to install (about 1.5 hrs) including the additional G-Sensor and the work to fit behind the sunglasses holder.

Another vote for the Apexi RSM here. I had one in Hordak and it was nice and accurate once i'd set it up. Having the speed sensor input and also the G-Sensor increased it's accuracy I think. I was easy enough to use and setup too.

Mark 4
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks Chaps, anyone got an RSM for sale or can suggest a reliable source.
Cheers.