PDA

View Full Version : Do Me a Favour

mpau009
04-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Iv been looking for a specific angle of an engine bay to help me with my schemeing:afro: I need these two angles below from a stock completed car just to save me putting stuff back in just for the sake of testing a theory.

Pleeeeeaaase, can someone pop out and grab a few shots/notworthy or borgan, if youv got any close ups of your arrangements:thinking: :pimp2:

Also, as a reward you can have a peek at my new SRD made flywheel that showed up today:2thumbsup Not as light as i would have hoped since it is billet steel, but it is in the right places, and it doesnt look like swiss cheese.

Kenneth
04-10-2007, 05:41 AM
I may be able to help you when I get home...

How much lighter is it? if you forgot to weigh it first, its a good thing you have my one there to compare with eh? ;)

Kenneth
04-10-2007, 06:16 AM
um... excuse the quality... time for a new camera :P

mpau009
04-10-2007, 06:16 AM
I may be able to help you when I get home...

How much lighter is it? if you forgot to weigh it first, its a good thing you have my one there to compare with eh? ;)

I'm not sure yet, i'll have to check with the scales when i get home, i might send it back for a bit more though, i was aiming for about 6.5kg versus the 8.3 standard.

It'd be great if you could take a couple of pics for me tho:pimp2:

mpau009
04-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Thanks, any others pics would be appreciated too:iloveyou:

Kenneth
04-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Feel free to come to my house and take all the pics you like :)

mpau009
04-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Feel free to come to my house and take all the pics you like :)

Will see if i can make it out this weekend if youre home? may be after work 12ish on saturday?

.As for the flywheel... dont ask, its going back for a diet:inquisiti

I was expecting about 7 - 7.5kg, but its 8.8, 1/2 a kg heavier..

I'll sort it out eventually, just gives me more time to mess around with rerouting/replacing the coolant and powersteering reservoir/s..

bradc
04-10-2007, 08:16 AM
stock? nevermind, can't help!

Nick Mann
04-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Go to resource library => misc => engine photos. There is a very good quality photo looking down, but not a sideways angle.

Gly
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
have you thought about doing a single turbo setup similar to marky (on msport)
and low mounting the turbo? (in front of the gear box)

that way you dont have to change the side the TB sits on or move any off the PS/overflow tank

http://msport.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=6620

basically doing the reverse image off this...

mpau009
04-10-2007, 10:41 AM
have you thought about doing a single turbo setup similar to marky (on msport)
and low mounting the turbo? (in front of the gear box)

that way you dont have to change the side the TB sits on or move any off the PS/overflow tank

http://msport.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=6620

basically doing the reverse image off this...

..thats a point, i haddnt really thought of that. I think in terms of cost though it will be a lot easier just to move the overflow, and (hopefully) now that iv seen those pics, move the powersteering in under the guard a bit, then i will have no tight radius bends at all.

I'll have a bit more of a look around, but iv done a pricing for a setup like Borgan's, and i think it is probably easier, that seems like quite a way for the hot exhaust to travel, as well as presumably a longer post turbo route, than just out, down, across and back up.

Are you going to make a bid on that evo 7 turbo on Trademe? iv been watching it too, but am a bit dubious about something that has been on a modded car:thinking:

bradc
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
you can buy new evo turbos from Ralliart, they tend to be $1500-2000 depending on the model, but TD-05 turbos are bulletproof and they are capable of over 250kw atw (at least on an evo) if you really push them.

mpau009
04-10-2007, 11:00 PM
you can buy new evo turbos from Ralliart, they tend to be $1500-2000 depending on the model, but TD-05 turbos are bulletproof and they are capable of over 250kw atw (at least on an evo) if you really push them.

Yeah, i v had some prices from a few places, but i cant really justify that sort of money, as its getting up around the price of a gt3071/ 76 anyway I think a decent second hand one for $700 - $1000 is a sensible option, or a cheaper one that needs a rebuild, provided the wheels are okay, at least there would be no doubt as to its condition..

And once you have a td05 flange, there are a lot of bolt on options for down the track if needed. Still, i think i'll just concentrate on the intercooler to T/B side at the moment.

Gly
05-10-2007, 12:31 AM
i cant afford to bid on it, but yeh its on my watch list.
make a bid if you want. i wont big against you...

personally id be going for a e5/6 turbo,
its bigger than the evo 7 one.

but then there only one e5 turbo on tm atm and he want $950+ LOL!