PDA

View Full Version : new mpg record?

pitslayer
05-10-2007, 01:17 AM
i think i might have set a new record with my galant on the old mpg side of things.
from empty i put 10 litres in last night, and its lasted an astonishing

33miles :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

good job i fixed my exhaust today then cant afford that mpg lol.
the flexi before the cat sensor wasnt attached anymore so the sensor must of been going, hangon the cars running im not getting enough exhaust fumes, meargh more fuel /pan /pan

and welding in a new flexi into the bit before the cat, what a lovely job...especially when you cant even undo the bolts holding it into the cat. for future reference, drivers side bolt on the cat is a 17mm or m10 bolt, but make sure you beat the socket on there, and the passenger side bolts is a 16mm, again make sure you beat the socket it on, and have the car high enough to get one hell of a breaker bar on it. the windy gun didnt even touch them they were that tight/Grrr

Nutter_John
05-10-2007, 01:26 AM
On one car at wrd we had to take the exhaust off to get the bolts out they were that rusted

Paul Beazer
05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I must have been lucky then!!

I thought both bolts were the same size though. I did have to beat a smaller socket onto one of mine, as it had rusted a fair bit and was too small for the std socket!
New bolts please umpire!

pitslayer
05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
thats why im putting stainles nuts and bolts on next week. couldnt find any stainless fine thread.

btw john how muchexhaust stuff do you have left and how much do you want for all of it?

Nutter_John
05-10-2007, 12:38 PM
lots and lots , pm me your mobby and i will give you a call

I-S
05-10-2007, 11:25 PM
I drove to kieran's this evening with the computer running scantech wired up - it claimed an average 74.1mpg.

No, I don't believe it either.