PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Vis dash into normal 8G

bradc
06-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Carsten, I know you've done this, what work needs to be done? I've got a spare 180kmh/6500rpm redline dash here that is made out of the rev counter of my 260kmh speedo and the old dash out of Kenneths car.

Is it just a simple plug in operation? I wanna get this done on the ST-R.

Gly
06-10-2007, 08:13 AM
TBH i have NFI!

it was in my car when i bought it,
i beleive its just plug and play thou..

psbarham
06-10-2007, 08:25 AM
i remeber someone telling me there is a wire or 2 that need swapping over , so a multi meter and a pen and pad will be needed , oh ans a write up with the pin out for me to use :D

bradc
06-10-2007, 08:49 AM
ahh ok I thought you did it yourself. I'll plug the spare one in soon and see what happens, I might need to take a lookie at the 25ST to see what they've done.

stuartturbo
06-10-2007, 08:55 AM
I know Paul did plug a hi vis into his VR4 and it is not plug and play
everything worked

But you just could not see it as the dash failed to light up at all /lol

Gly
06-10-2007, 09:02 AM
ahh ok I thought you did it yourself. I'll plug the spare one in soon and see what happens, I might need to take a lookie at the 25ST to see what they've done.

LOL doupt it,
the car belongs to the misses, no ones aloud to touch it, haha..
all im aloud to do to it now is service and maintain it /pan

which reminds me, it due for a WOF soon.

bradc
06-10-2007, 09:27 AM
so you can service it at my house soon!

HMG1K
23-03-2008, 03:59 PM
If anyone fancies a hi-vis dash - spare or to muck around with - be quick, there's one on eBay on a Buy It Now!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hi-Contrast-DIALS-for-GALANT-2-4-GDI-1999-2003_W0QQitemZ230234666665QQihZ013QQcategoryZ10400 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Beastlee
23-03-2008, 05:59 PM
That's tempting for conversion as it has kmh and mph on the same clock. £70 delivered though is quite expensive. Especially with the requirement to change the odo which, as I have discovered, is easy as long as you have the software.

GalantOnly
24-03-2008, 11:54 AM
You Can't Use GDI Dash In Our Cars. Tacho Will Not Work Properly. I've tryed many dash combinations, and as far as I know, GDI dash works only in GDI and TD... But I'm a litle confused about from what car this one is from and what's have they done to is...

swinks
24-03-2008, 12:18 PM
You Can't Use GDI Dash In Our Cars. Tacho Will Not Work Properly. I've tryed many dash combinations, and as far as I know, GDI dash works only in GDI and TD... But I'm a litle confused about from what car this one is from and what's have they done to is...

Of course, YOU CAN! Needs just bit more attention and effort. Not just plug'n'play. If we talk 'bout Galant EAxx versions then only differences you have are:
1. Rev counter unit (4 cylinder or 6 cylinder) needs modification if you gonna use dials from 2.5V6 in ANY 4 cyl car (does not matter if it's GDI, regular 2.0 or TD)
2. 12V feeding of Hi-Contrast mod and rewiring of some pins and bulbs in a background
3. GDI controls

If Vehicle is up to 260km/h (160mph) then odo/speedo unit does NOT need any modifications. Otherwise, just replacing few resistors and capacitors.

Hope the same is with VR4 dials, but haven't done already any, so I can't be sure, just guess that work to do can be similar

GalantOnly
24-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Of course, YOU CAN! Needs just bit more attention and effort. Not just plug'n'play. If we talk 'bout Galant EAxx versions then only differences you have are:
1. Rev counter unit (4 cylinder or 6 cylinder) needs modification if you gonna use dials from 2.5V6 in ANY 4 cyl car (does not matter if it's GDI, regular 2.0 or TD)
2. 12V feeding of Hi-Contrast mod and rewiring of some pins and bulbs in a background
3. GDI controls

If Vehicle is up to 260km/h (160mph) then odo/speedo unit does NOT need any modifications. Otherwise, just replacing few resistors and capacitors.

Hope the same is with VR4 dials, but haven't done already any, so I can't be sure, just guess that work to do can be similar

I mean it's not a straight swap at all... Even if the High Contrast light problem is fixed, there's other problems too... Good thing to be aware of when buying this item on eBay... Anything can certanly be done if you want to with enough time and effort. And I dont think that we talking about "bit" more attention here...
If you talking about GDI controls, theres also could be differences that might need attention:

4. Engine oil level control
5. Screen washer level lamp
6. Cruise control lamp
7. Seatbelt lamp

swinks
24-03-2008, 02:15 PM
4. Engine oil level control
5. Screen washer level lamp
6. Cruise control lamp
7. Seatbelt lamp

I ment by "...some pins and bulbs in background". But "cruise control" adjusting is very rarely, usually pins and controls are the same. "Seat belt" controls only with cars with belt plug wired (very unlikely to have different pins).
See my mini guideline:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30595 :happy:

bradc
24-03-2008, 07:22 PM
some of those extra things will probably go to pins that just aren't connected on a VR-4 and won't cause any problems at all.

GalantOnly
28-03-2008, 12:29 AM
http://cgi.ebay.de/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-KOMBIINSTRUMENT-TACHO-HIGH-CONTRAST_W0QQitemZ220216311810QQihZ012QQcategoryZ9 9209QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem